Merry Christmas... so what'd you get? (Read 1001 times)

My girlfriend and I split the cost of a trip up to New Hampshire last weekend and called that our gifts to each other. We had an agreement with her family to only give homemade gifts, so I got a hand made boomerang (very nicely done and a cool idea) and a small flower pot (not totally hand made, but nicely hand decorated with tile and grout). Some pics of the xmas trip:

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

I didn't get anything vaguely related to running. Not even a pair of socks! Sheesh! Roll eyes I got baubles and more cocktail plates than I will ever use in my lifetime and smelly candles and Christmassy "things". Guys, if you don't know what to buy me, buy me nothing or edibles. Beer is good. Big grin I even will share.... But it's the thought that counts, right? Sorry for the grump, but give the money to charity please.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

AnneCA

The I Know! She's a runner let's get her this! gift I received was a pair of Nike Skylon earphones. They make a strong argument that "Nike" is nothing but a name to slap on something and figure it will sell for that reason alone. You certainly couldn't sell them to runners on the merits.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Got a magnetic light that is supposed to attach to my clothes somewhere. (jury still out on this one) Got reflective bands to go around my wrists or ankles. Does my family want me to look like a Christmas tree when I run down the road?
          Christmas trees don't get run over by drivers who can't see them.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

To make sure I got what a wanted/needed/had to have ... I got my own presents! (none of them on Christmas day) -A Gamin 405 (bought a month ago, opened early, and absolutely fab) -A new set of running shoes (bought today - first run tomorrow)

Running - cheaper than therapy

To make sure I got what a wanted/needed/had to have ... I got my own presents! (none of them on Christmas day) -A Gamin 405 (bought a month ago, opened early, and absolutely fab) -A new set of running shoes (bought today - first run tomorrow)
              That's what my wife and I did this year. We bought oursleves a pair of running shoes each. That way we got exactly what we needed.

Geoff

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

GA TECH DOOR KEY TO MY SISTERS HOUSE. DW KEPT THE KEY SO SHE COULD TELL HER KEYS APART FROM DS HOUSE KEY. MY CHILDREN GAVE ME A KEY CHAIN TO DOWNLOAD PICS. NOW I CAN ANNOY PEOPLE WITH PICS OF THE THE FAMILY AND FAMILY VACTIONS. SWEET! BLUE GA TECH HOODIE FROM DS GIFTS TO MYSELF YELLOW GT HOOD YELLOW GT HAT CHICK- FIL-A BOWL TICKETS GT vs LSU FYI GT YELLOW JACKETS YELLOW/BLUE YELLOW/BLACK (PRE 1990)

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Runningwise? RW subscription (hey, I don't lug the laptop into the john or in bed as I'm drifting off.) Gift cert. to my running shop which will go toward shoes. Also got an unneeded (and unasked for) UnderArmour tactical XXL shirt. Left it with my mom: A. I'm an M/S in most things. B. I just don't need another tech shirt at this point. Hopefully, my dad will wear it as a baselayer or something. C. She probably got it on eBay (it wasn't in packaging and she is addicted to that place) so I assume it didn't cost much. D. Maybe it will teach her the lesson that when I say I don't want/need things from her, perhaps she'll listen. But that's another story. I got myself a pair of waterproof Asics pants and a decent pair of gloves shortly before Christmas, but I don't know that I can say they were gifts as much as needed. Or I tell myself they were needed. They were on sale anyway.

The Terminator

Under Armour Tech T-shirt and CWX insulated tights. Asked for them both, but I asked for a lot of things, so I was still surprised. Wore them on a run later that day, and I think I am a convert to tights now.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy