Landing on the Heels (Read 1034 times)

Sounds like it. An easy way to do this is to take shorter, yet more frequent strides.
      I've had issues with my running form before and have had 4 different coaches work with me to change it and although i tried i was unable to do so. I have the opposite problem i'm a toe runner and they said the same things...that i'm wasting too much energy and its bad for my legs and so forth. I've managed to stay pretty injury free and have been running since the 6th grade. Sometimes your running mechanics are biological...i run the same way my dad did because of the way my knees are. Didn't stop me from getting a running scholarship LOL Smile. So if you try to change it and you can't but your still running fast and are comfortable dont worry about. Everyone runs a little differently!! Whenever i'd finish a race and someone would tell me i ran funny i'd just remind them that if they were in front of me they wouldn't have seen it! Big grin Good luck!
      Harmony Good for you! Even as an older person who should be more confident of himself I got sucked into advice about not running on my fore foot. I agree with everything you said to each his own. (Everyone runs a little differently!!) I think you were luck or smart to just keep your form. I am sure along the way you came to realize that there are many people who run just as you do and they were not the worst for it. You are luck they did not put you in orthotics, heel lifts super anu blahh, Stability blahh blah shoe. To the original poster in my opinion if it aint broke don't fix it. I will still admit that doing drills like AKTrail gave you or making sure you land light are all good advice.

I talked to my coach today and he told me to "run under the center more." Is this what you are refering to?
        Yeah, same thing, different term.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)