Love Shack (Read 848 times)

gracerunner

A shack for the free discussion of all things "love." “ Freedom and love go together. Love is not a reaction. If I love you because you love me, that is mere trade, a thing to be bought in the market; it is not love. To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom. ” J. Krishnamurti
      Didnt the b-52s have a song called Love Shack?

Vim

gracerunner

Absolutely! The greatest duo of female singers in rock history. Here are some of the lyrics to one great love building song: LOVE SHACK by the B-52's If you see a faded sign by the side of the road that says 15 miles to the... Love Shack! Love Shack yeah I'm headin' down the Atlanta highway, lookin' for the love getaway Heading for the love getaway, love getaway, I got me a car, it's as big as a whale and we're headin' on down To the Love Shack I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20 So hurry up and bring your jukebox money The Love Shack is a little old place where we can get together Love Shack baby, Love Shack bay-bee. Love baby, that's where it's at, Ooo love baby, that's where it's at Sign says.. Woo... stay away fools, 'cause love rules at the Lo-o-ove Shack! Well it's set way back in the middle of a field, Just a funky old shack and I gotta get back Glitter on the mattress Glitter on the highway Glitter on the front porch Glitter on the hallway
        gracerunner

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. --Mother Teresa
            "Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves." EDWARD GEORGE BULWER-LYTTON (modal has entered the love shack)

Vim

Teresadfp

One day at a time

"Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves." EDWARD GEORGE BULWER-LYTTON (modal has entered the love shack)
              A story to go along with that quote: There was a blind girl who hated herself just because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, she would marry her boyfriend. One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her and then she could see everything. Including her boyfriend. Her boyfriend asked her, "Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?" The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind, too, and refused to marry him. Her boyfriend walked away in tears and later wrote a letter to her saying, "Just take good care of my eyes, Dear."
              invisible

A shack for the free discussion of all things "love." “ Freedom and love go together. Love is not a reaction. If I love you because you love me, that is mere trade, a thing to be bought in the market; it is not love. To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom. ” J. Krishnamurti
                "That which ends is always new. That which continues is ever in fear of ending. That which ends knows the eternal beginning of love." J. Krishnamurti
                90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                  A story to go along with that quote: There was a blind girl who hated herself just because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, she would marry her boyfriend. One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her and then she could see everything. Including her boyfriend. Her boyfriend asked her, "Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?" The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind, too, and refused to marry him. Her boyfriend walked away in tears and later wrote a letter to her saying, "Just take good care of my eyes, Dear."
                  that is a horribly depressing version of O. Henry's Gift of the Magi.
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

that is a horribly depressing version of O. Henry's Gift of the Magi.
                    I don't know - they don't seem similar to me. Gift of the Magi was a two-way love affair, whereas in this story, the girl didn't do ANYTHING.
                      I don't know - they don't seem similar to me. Gift of the Magi was a two-way love affair, whereas in this story, the girl didn't do ANYTHING.
                      which I guess is why I find it so depressing. The Gift of the Magi is uplifting.
                        I at least hope she gets cataracts. That was a downer of a tale.
                          Your tin roof....rusted!
                          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                            Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.