Happy Dopple Bock Day! (Read 2167 times)

Kalsarikännit

I was lucky enough to get to share many beers with DB on Dopple Bock Day.  Here is a pic of him with fellow RA'er Corland, and a friend, Angie, who nabbed a spot at Western States by getting 2nd at Ice Age 50 yesterday.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I wish I had a dime for every time I shared the story of DB's 154.5 or his infamous 60 mile treadmill run.  I still have a hard time wrapping my head around either of those.  Simply amazing stuff.  

Thanks for the pic WG, glad to see that everybody remembered to bring their drinking gloves to Ice Age 50.  Happy DB day to all, DBTFU!

GO DB!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Shoe

What's so special about him? I mean, I run more miles in a year than he does in the typical month. Oh, wait... Cheers!

Happy Dopple Bock Day, everyone! 

Long may you run! 

GO DB! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Best Present Ever

I just told this story to a real life friend and ultrarunner yesterday.  GO DB (even though you have no idea who I am....) 

SWEET! 

I remember walking in to my gym at butt crack of dawn and shouting 154.5 miles!  to a room full of people who had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was more nuts than usual.

I don't know the back story to this.  I've only been here for about 16 months.

Can somebody update us about the 154.5?

I'm always willing to celebrate a holiday.  Happy Dopple Bock Day!

Thanks,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I don't know the back story to this.  I've only been here for about 16 months.

Can somebody update us about the 154.5?

I'm always willing to celebrate a holiday.  Happy Dopple Bock Day!

Thanks,

Read the first post on this thread. 154.5 is the number of miles DB ran for Team USA in the 24 hr Championships

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Read the first post on this thread. 154.5 is the number of miles DB ran for Team USA in the 24 hr Championships

OK, that's pretty impressive... found this link through googling his name and "154.5" as well.

http://www.silentsports.net/running/116172149.html

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Go DB!

I Ain't Dead Yet!

Great day indeed.  Looking forward to seeing him bust out similar mileage at FANS on 6/2-3.  Happy day to you Dopple!

My hair is gone and I'm almost blind
                        The days of my youth are far behind
                        My neck is stiff, I can't turn my head
                        Can't hear one-half that's being said
                        And this is the message I want you to get
                        I'm still a-kicking, and I ain't dead yet.

Kalsarikännit

It didn't feel right to drink without DB at Ice Age 50 this Sat (but I DBTFU and did it anyways), but he is getting himself in good shape to bust out some big mileage in three weeks. I'm lucky that I will be able to witness it in person. I will be jogging the 12 hour fun run, but after that I will be able to post some updates. I will toast DB with a New Glarus Chocolate Abbey a bit later. Cheers DB!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

#artbydmcbride

It didn't feel right to drink without DB at Ice Age 50 this Sat (but I DBTFU and did it anyways), but he is getting himself in good shape to bust out some big mileage in three weeks. I'm lucky that I will be able to witness it in person. I will be jogging the 12 hour fun run, but after that I will be able to post some updates. I will toast DB with a New Glarus Chocolate Abbey a bit later. Cheers DB!

Big grin   Only in this place would I see that phrase!!     I hope everyone had a joyous DobbleBock Day!!

Runners run

Great day indeed.  Looking forward to seeing him bust out similar mileage at FANS on 6/2-3.  Happy day to you Dopple!

Cheers to Dopple!  Great runner and person, who makes a life lasting impression.  Look forward to meeting you in person in June!

Here's hoping DB day will not only be celebrated once per year but twice.  Good luck at FANS DB!  Cheers!