"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?" (Read 412 times)

Looking for a pair of lace-up shoes to wear at work (office environment), a soft shoe, low heel.

Basically, as close to a running shoe as possible, all black.  In the best case scenario, I get away with wearing sneakers at work.

I used to wear these, but they are now up from 75 bucks to 135 bucks.  I am not sure they are that is the best value.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

All the time.

Runners run

Figured. Maybe I'll just suck it up.

Feeling the growl again

Nice job on the title, Nader.

I wear Merrill Tough Gloves.  No they are not cheap but I am approaching 2 years on my current pair.  Probably one more and the toe will be too scuffed for work; 3 years of 5 day/week wear is not bad even for their $100+ price.  I can't imagine you will find a lower heel that will pass in a business casual environment.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Good look, spaniel. I'll check them out.

Ostrich runner

I got some from The Walking Company that I really like. Can't remember what they cost, but they're good and they last.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

xhristopher

I used to wear grown up shoes but since I injured myself 2 years ago I now spend 97% of my shod life in running shoes. I just told the folks at work it's healthier for me. I wear lot's of bright colors. Of course, our standards are low. We work with designers. You should see how they dress. I can name various dudes who wear purple scarves in the summer...

So, here's a pair of lace-up shoes shoes to wear at work (office environment), a soft shoe, low heel. Basically, as close to a running shoe as possible, all black.  In the best case scenario, sneakers.

dennrunner

I used to wear grown up shoes but since I injured myself 2 years ago I now spend 97% of my shod life in running shoes. I just told the folks at work it's healthier for me. I wear lot's of bright colors. Of course, our standards are low. We work with designers. You should see how they dress. I can name various dudes who wear purple scarves in the summer...

So, here's a pair of lace-up shoes shoes to wear at work (office environment), a soft shoe, low heel. Basically, as close to a running shoe as possible, all black.  In the best case scenario, sneakers.

So you're saying purple is not a summer color?

xhristopher

So you're saying purple is not a summer color?

You got me. I mean, geeeze. I never get to wear my purple running skirt because it's too cold in the winter and in the summer .... well, you know. Thank goodness for tights. Plenty of purple there.

How are you going to know how big his feet are if you don't look at his shoes?

zonykel

I think it depends on your company's standards. the shoe in the original post looks like a dress shoe, very nice, acceptable for business.

do you interact with customers? How do others dress?

where I work, people dress depending on what they do. An IT professional working at a lab can wear sneakers and jeans almost every day. Management who work in the office wear shirt, tie, dress shoes, etc. If any of the people wearing shirts and ties tried to wear something like a black sneaker, it would be obvious IMO. They are not fooling anyone. They're not going to get written up or anything, though.

um, that IS a running shoe...

---------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Check out Keens.  They have a couple of casual styles that you could probably get away with if your office is on the laid-back side.  That's all my DH will wear, nowadays.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I may wear these at work this summer.

sockwa.com

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I wear these guys when the outfit calls for black:

Apparently they also give me some sort of "cred" with my students.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people