"The Girl Who Started It All" (Read 1209 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I need to read that. There is a blurb about her in the current Her Sports + Fitness magazine and I read a short story by her in a book of short stories (Sole Sisters) by women runners. It's hard to believe that it's been so few years since women were "allowed" to do marathons in this country.... k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Shame that I didn't know her name, but could remember infamous Boston fraud Rosie Ruiz.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

One of my favorite moments of my running career (so far) was when I was about to cross the finish line at the More Half Marathon and there was Kathrine Switzer high-fiving people and cheering. Nothing like having the woman who proved you could this be out there when you're doing it.
          2008 Goals
        • Run 1250 miles
        • Get down to 135!
        • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon

• Go Pre!

Lovely lady. I met her at last year's Toronto Marathon when I bought a book from her. The book being 26.2 Marathon stories co-written with Roger Robinson. Great coffee table book and mine is nicely autographed by both of them Smile

Go Pre!

What a great article! Adidas flats - egads....
                  Shame that I didn't know her name, but could remember infamous Boston fraud Rosie Ruiz.
                  Lol - Wiki has a Ruiz article but nothing on Switzer.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, several of us are reading this and will be discussing this in the Running Readers forum. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I read an excerpt of her book in Runner's World a couple of months ago. Gave me chills.
                      2009: BQ?
                      Mishka-old log

Eve!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group