runners high? (Read 908 times)

I ran 7 miles yesterday with my pseudo-trainer/friend, and it felt FANTASTIC. When we finished I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!" (I didn't, b/c that would have been a bit odd, but I wanted to!) Can I attribute that to the "runner's high"?... or just a happy day? either way, I loved it, and I want to get out there and run and feel it again!!!
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!

You'll ruin your knees!

I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!" (I didn't, b/c that would have been a bit odd, but I wanted to!)
      ...a bit odd? You're new here, aren't you? YEA!! Woot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

If that's odd than I'm really weird. During my marathon training last year whenever I passed the half-marathon mark during the long runs I would yell as loud as I can "HALF-MARATHON!!" Of course it sent every neighborhood dog into hysterics and it would scare the sweat off anyone running near me... but it felt GOOD! LET IT OUT!!!
          I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!"
          You should have! A friend of mine will give out the every now and then "Woot!!!" or "Yeah this feels great!!" while we are running races. Usually those nearest to her take a few steps ahead or to the left or right when she does it...just kidding. We love it, it's like she's speaking for all of us!! I know I don't have the nerve to do it but it makes me feel good when she does. The coolest part is that 9 times out of 10 when she does yell like that, you can hear an echo of similiar yells throughout the pack around us. Totally cool. Smile

Michelle

Needs more cowbell!

When I ran the Grand Rapids Half Marathon this past Fall it was such a great, positive experience. I kept pace with the "Oprah" marathon pace team (I think ~4:44) until they split off at the 9 mile marker. Nice group of people and the leaders would randomly chat with people on the course. When they found out that a runner was doing his/her first marathon or half they would loudly announce it and everyone within earshot would yell "yay, _____!" and hoot and holler. It was really motivating. k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

I ran 7 miles yesterday with my pseudo-trainer/friend, and it felt FANTASTIC. When we finished I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!" (I didn't, b/c that would have been a bit odd, but I wanted to!) Can I attribute that to the "runner's high"?... or just a happy day? either way, I loved it, and I want to get out there and run and feel it again!!!
              Isn't that feeling great!?! Congrats!!! Smile