*squeals* Ooh, I just saw a baby bunny! (Read 502 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe the Pace Bunny had babies?! This little guy was all by himself and scared to death. Didn't even run away from me. I wanted to pet his little ears, but I don't want to leave my scent on him. I have a feeling his mommy must be near by and as little as he is I'll bet he's still nursing. Such a cute widdle guy! Smile We rarely have bunnies in our yard (we get a lot more squirrels, deer, wild turkeys, chipmunks, but not bunnies). What a treat to see the little long-eared rodent! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

we saw baby bunnies today too!! Big grin of course, we had to take a field trip to see the lil rascals...they were cute though! (a few were still naked and blind! Tongue) i wish we had bunnies in our area....your yard sounds like ours to a T!
        awww! I see them when I run a short trail just east of Sea World. All hopping about trying to duck for cover. Yes

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

A) That squeal hurt my ears B) Such a chick thread.
            Bunnies are out and about all around my neighborhood. I haven't seen any babies yet. When driving down my street people have learned to slow down because of all the bunnies.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A) That squeal hurt my ears B) Such a chick thread.
              C'mon...you know you think baby bunnies are sweet, too! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

The dogs love bunnies. Evil grin

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bad doggies. Bunnies are our friends, not snacks! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

When I was 12 I took my friends dog (VERY BIG DOG) for a walk. All of sudden he bolted, pulling me with him across a field, then he stopped. When I stood up I realized what he had done. He bolted to get to a baby bunny, and when he got to the bunny, he chomped on it. Killed it instantly. I was sick! I couldn't be that upset with the dog, he was just doing what comes naturally, but I felt horrible about the bunny.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A friend of mine was out walking her parents' dog and he did the exact same thing...to a baby deer. Liz got to hear the cries of the fawn as the dog killed it and it made her so ill. I like dogs, but that is one thing that keeps me from ever seriously wanting one. My cats stay indoors, so any prey they kill is in the form of little rodents that don't belong in our house, anyhow. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm very afraid of rabbits... this is why: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5V3NJi3WRKY Big grin
                          I've NEVER owned a dog that has killed another animal. And I can tell you that Kallie won't be killing any either. Right now we have a "trainer" collar on Kallie. It pinches her when she pulls. I strongly believe that if your going to be walking your dog you should have full control and not visa versa. Just my 2 cents worth. Anyway lots of bunnies out this morning! It's nice seing them alive today and not roadkill like I've been seing lately.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson