One year later (Read 187 times)

Gstrobe188

Last February I got off my butt, quit smaoking, and started running again. My first 5k was in last April and I ran a 25:35. Saturday I ran in the same 5k and ran a 22:43. Not bad for someone that turns 40 in October. Proof any one can get up and go!!!

5k 22:22, Quarter Marathon 52:45, Mini Duathlon 1:00:14

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations!  Especially on the quitting smoking!

steph  

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

We can't always do the things we like all the time."  --Candice

Last February I got off my butt, quit smaoking, and started running again. My first 5k was in last April and I ran a 25:35. Saturday I ran in the same 5k and ran a 22:43. Not bad for someone that turns 40 in October. Proof any one can get up and go!!!

Congratulations and well done! I fixed a line in your post btw, no qualificaiton needed there.

Woohoo!! Congrats!

some call me Tim

Awesome- three cheers from another ex-smoker, and it looks like you need to update your sig!

7/26 - EVL 9 (Ellicottville NY)

8/29 - Green Lakes 50k

Congratulations and well done! I fixed a line in your post btw, no qualificaiton needed there.

+1. Nice going, Gstrobe.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Congratulations!  Running helped me quit, too--running is a much better addiction to have!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

Congrats and way to go!  I have quit smoking since this past New Year's Eve.  Your 5K time is great - keep up the good work!

See how they run...

That's cool, Gstrobe, congratulations! Nice bump on your 5K time, too.