Do you wash your shoes? (Read 1126 times)

C-R

Hehehe - good one. I got my sparkling new HRM and went for a run. I was perplexed that I couldn't seem to get the blasted thing over 80. Thought it was a bad lead or something. About two miles into the run, I stop at a traffic intersection and notice I had it set on % of Max. DOOH!. The guy waiting for the light probably thinks I have terrets syndrom. And yes I am a guy and no I do not need to read the instruction manual.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

The Greatest of All Time

If I ever wash them in a machine it's not until they're retired from the road.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        off topic- Jeff, I was and always will be a Navy Corpsman, Cardiovascular Technologist Derrick
        Derrick, Me too, brother - Aerospace Med Tech. Jeff

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

protoplasm72

I'm embarrassed to wear clean shoes. I'd never show up to a race in shoes that haven't been in the mud a few times. I just let the mud dry then shake off the dried stuff the next morning.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've even got a little dried blood on mine, from a blister on the inside of my left foot. DS was suitably impressed. Now the blister has healed and the shoes seem to be OK.
              Love the blood Teresa. Jeff when did you retire? Ever stationed at Whidbey Island? Derrick
              If the road less traveled was easy, would it be...?
                I've even got a little dried blood on mine, from a blister on the inside of my left foot Awesome - me too. Mine was from my own clumsiness, falling and gouging my knee on the asphalt. I finished the run, my sock looked like Curt Schilling's World Series sock, and the runoff had splattered on my shoe. It didn't change the fact that I looked like an idiot when I fell with all sorts of traffic looking at me. Confused Jeff when did you retire? Ever stationed at Whidbey Island? Derrick - April 2000. Never at Whidbey. Only West Coast assignment for me was San Diego.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do you wash your shoes?
                  No. Unless they get really really really nasty after a swampy trail run AND I don't feel like leaving them in the garage. But usually : No.
                  jeffdonahue

Typically I just clap them together to get the big chunks of dirt out of the treads so i dont leave a trail around the house. Oh, and once I did wash them after the Muddy Buddy relay - but that really is a whole different beast. I learned after that and the next year I just wore a pair of throw aways.
                      Never. I worked hard to make my shoes look like the color of sand and am proud of it.
                      Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09