Wow...bliss! (Read 672 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This AM I had the most AMAZING run! Today they expect that our high temp will break records for the day (of course, it's still Mar. and it's MI, I know this is a tease). I was actually overdressed in my lightest-weight long-sleeve wicking top and long pants--I should have at least been wearing a running skirt! Big grin Of course, my legs are so pasty white (Scandinavian + Scottish = day-glo, veiny Winter skin)...I have a bunch of tanning minutes left from last year. I think I might have to go use some today so that I can start wearing my skirts! Big grin Man, I LOVE this weather! It is well-deserved after our frigid Feb.! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

Zoomy, I could not agree more. Went for lunchtime 6 with my dog Norbert. He didn't care for the temps much, but I sure did. What a joy Michigan can be!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I just noticed your profile photo...I take it Mazda was a major sponsor of the Detroit marathon... Hmmm, I might have to do that one someday (I believe it's the same day or weekend as GR, which will likely be my first next year). My member-name is a take on the Mazda ads. I have a 3, my first car was a 626, and my MIL is planning to eventually give us her older 626. We're a Mazda family. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, it was a beautiful evening for running here too. Thoroughly enjoyed my run, even though I've been struggling with my calf this last week or so. Lets hope it stays fine for the forseeable future.
          Chris UK

Had some nice running weather today over here in the UK too - 53F with a moderate cooling breeze. Very happy to be running today as I've had a bit of a bug lately. Ironic as I've not had a day off work in over 4 years and picked this bug up whilst I am on holiday!! Last day of my hols tomorrow and as the forecast is for equally nice weather I feel like doing something special. Hmmmm - see what my legs feel like in the morning.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Marathonmanleto

It is the same weekend--at least it was last year. The Free Press Marathon is interesting and worth doing --once. Have done it more times than I care to admit because it's here. Spend much time in Newaygo. Eventually plan to relo there.
                It was beautiful here yesterday. I spent hours outside, playing with our youngest (we built a fort and had a picnic). Then I kicked the soccer ball around for a long time, it felt good. We played track ball for a while...Then I ran 5 miles enjoying the perfect weather...it was nice. I slept like a rock last night, all that fresh air made me tired.

Michelle

yay for you! I'm pretty much solar powered so any run that sends me into clear sunny skies puts me in running junkie overdrive. Let's hope your weather today, is the beginning of a long beautiful thaw. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Anything above 70 degrees and I start moaning, guess I shouldn't live in Florida huh? Tongue Temperature here is already hovering in the upper 70's lower 80's! Throw in the humidity and I'm already wringing out clothes after an easy run. Blech. Anyone want to start an "exchange runner" program where people who like the heat can trade places with people who like the cold? Just for a few months... Cool
                    shyrunner07

how awesome! wtg! the weather was really nice again today- i love being able to keep the windows open and let out that stale winter air! Sounds like we might get some good storms towards the end of the week...but then it gets colder next month (yuck)....
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone want to start an "exchange runner" program where people who like the heat can trade places with people who like the cold? Just for a few months... Cool
                        I would have GLADLY traded with you a month ago! One month ago my log shows that it was "30° F, Overcast, Snow." That was kind of 'warm' for Feb., too! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Happy for ALL of you. Really I am! We are supposed to get 3 inches of snow today. Doesn't this Alaska weather head down your way anytime soon?
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When Summer hits and it's sultry here and everywhere else we will envy you! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

That makes me feel a ton better. And what are those fruity thingees in your picture? They are making me hungry
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jello Jigglers...'cause I'm still such a jiggly jogger... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay