Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

EricR

EricR, I foresee an intervention in your future.

Big grin

It's about the worse thing I do.  My wife is wise and doesn't try to change me.  Although, I actually run very few races.  She drew the line at the regular race fees.

The Nike's are gathering dust and the A4's and Kinvara's are just for kicking around the home office.  I'm all about the Elixir.  So for the rest of the year I should be fine.  And I am cautiously optimistic about the Sayonara as well.

It's about the worse thing I do.  My wife is wise and doesn't try to change me.  Although, I actually run very few races.  She drew the line at the regular race fees.

The Nike's are gathering dust and the A4's and Kinvara's are just for kicking around the home office.  I'm all about the Elixir.  So for the rest of the year I should be fine.  And I am cautiously optimistic about the Sayonara as well.

Same boat, a million pairs of shoes.. but running is literally the ONLY thing I do outside of my family (helps that running IS my work haha).

Eric... Throw caution to the wind Smile

---------

Hi sethh! I'm due for some new Mizunos and was wondering if you could advise? I have been running in Mizuno Wave Creation 13(W) for the last few years. I supinate (roll my foot out), have wide feet and have to "keep on top of" IT Band issues. I run about 25 miles per week, am 53 yrs old, and am training for another 10k and 1/2 marathon in the spring. I have constant blisters on top of calluses on both middles toes and lately my bunion (on one side) has become uncomfortable. I was thinking about something neutral but with room in the toe box. Your thoughts??

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Hi sethh! I'm due for some new Mizunos and was wondering if you could advise? I have been running in Mizuno Wave Creation 13(W) for the last few years. I supinate (roll my foot out), have wide feet and have to "keep on top of" IT Band issues. I run about 25 miles per week, am 53 yrs old, and am training for another 10k and 1/2 marathon in the spring. I have constant blisters on top of calluses on both middles toes and lately my bunion (on one side) has become uncomfortable. I was thinking about something neutral but with room in the toe box. Your thoughts??

Hey Melody!

Thanks for the question... my wife is a dedicated Wave Creation runner and is currently in the 14th edition.

Sounds to me like you absolutely need a bit more toebox room, and since you have a bunion issue... I'd really recommend going to a wider shoe (Women's D Width) to keep that at bay.

The Wave Rider 16 is available in a wide for you.... and is neutral . and honestly, I think a better shoe for a supinator.  The Creation, although neutral... has a lot of inherent stability, than you don't really "need".

Give the Wave Rider 16  shot in a "D" width, and let me know how it feels after a few miles!

Cheers

Seth

---------

Seth...you R-O-C-K!! Thanks for that lightning quick response!

Off to purchase some new "kicks". Whoot.

Seth...you R-O-C-K!! Thanks for that lightning quick response!

Off to purchase some new "kicks". Whoot.

Haha, thanks!

I do my best to keep up with all questions on all media outlets for Mizuno... facebook/twitter/instagram... all these mesg. boards... its fun, but 24/7!

Where are you ordering from?

---------

Hi Seth. I headed right over to Mizuno.com with credit card in hand to snag some Wave Rider 16s in Wide and the site says "coming soon" Sad Not available yet? Boo

Can I find them anywhere else?

Thanks again.

Hi Seth. I headed right over to Mizuno.com with credit card in hand to snag some Wave Rider 16s in Wide and the site says "coming soon" Sad Not available yet? Boo

Can I find them anywhere else?

Thanks again.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRS-MRD16W4.html

---------

DONE!

Yippee, new running shoes. Maybe I'll no longer have blisters on top of calluses and black toenails. Wink

Thanks again, Seth. I'm going to hop over to Mizuno on FB and Twitter to rave about you. Big grin

Melton

^are you always this easy?  Cool

^are you always this easy?  Cool

Me? Joking Wink Roll eyes When it comes to running shoes and great CS!

I think I scared Seth away. Sorry, dude. Roll eyes

Well until Mizuno comes up with a decent successor to the Wave Universe 3 (or the 4 without the heel lip) I'll keep trying other shoes.  I just ordered a pair of Merrell Men's Sonic Glove Barefoot Running Shoes. (Interesting, why doesn't that link appear as a link?)  Zero heel/toe drop.  Smile

I think I scared Seth away. Sorry, dude. Roll eyes

HAHA, no way I'm here!  Just been a busy week up here!

---------

Well until Mizuno comes up with a decent successor to the Wave Universe 3 (or the 4 without the heel lip) 

Can you wait until... say.... July 5th?

---------