MN bridge collapse- unreal..... (Read 443 times)

shyrunner07

Cry Shocked http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/minnesota_bridge_collapse it's mind boggling to see pictures of the bridge...for something so concrete and huge, it looks like it's been crumpled like a piece of paper. Sad I feel bad for the kids who were in the school bus- it's scary enough to consider as an adult, but magnified much more for a child.... Hubby and I have a friend who went home to MN for the week with his wife and new baby girl....I think they are pretty well removed from that particular area, but i'll feel better when we get word for sure that all is well with them.... Cry Cry Cry
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's terrifying just to see in photos! What a scary thing to witness firsthand or be in the midst of. Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

you should turn on CNN...the coverage is unreal. Shocked Listening to some guy who made it across just minutes before the collapse......
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I gotta hit the hay soon...bringing the guys down to Holland bright and early to catch the train to go down by my MIL tomorrow. I kinda don't want to see it, though...I hate things like that. *shudders*

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

i hear that....although when stuff like this happens, I have to be glued to the tv, waiting for the newest little glimmer of information. When 9/11 happened, i had the tv on nonstop for the first week or so...almost like it was my security blanket or something. I was scared to turn it off...thinking maybe things wouldn't get any worse, as long as it was on... (btw, Sonny is from that area, iirc) so the boys are going to your ILs...how long will they be gone for? Got any plans while they are away? Have a good trip, big did!
              you should turn on CNN...the coverage is unreal. Shocked Listening to some guy who made it across just minutes before the collapse......
              My boyfriend's dad lives in Alexandria, MN but was in Minneapolis today for a meeting. We called him as soon as we heard about the bridge collapse, and it turns out he was about 10 minutes away from the bridge when it went down. Really terrifying.
              "If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it."
              shyrunner07

gosh, that must have been scary!! thank the lord he was okay, though i'm sure he's probably really shaken up. ((((hugs)))))
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i so the boys are going to your ILs...how long will they be gone for? Got any plans while they are away? Have a good trip, big did!
                  Dane will be gone almost a week Sad and did will be coming back Sat. Can't miss the fireworks... *snort* Paige, I am so glad your BF's dad averted that...wow, that's way too close for comfort! k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, that video from the security camera is unreal...it goes down FAST. I wonder when they will be able to determine what went wrong? k

~ Sarah Kay