Diet craze leaves Norwegians starved of butter (Read 1021 times)

Diet craze leaves Norwegians starved of butter

Any Norwegians here who can comment on this?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What's the URL?  The link isn't working.  As someone who is part Norwegian the thought of no butter scares me.  Margarine is nasty.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What's the URL?  The link isn't working.  As someone who is part Norwegian the thought of no butter scares me.  Margarine is nasty.

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL5E7N73RZ20111207

HATES  butter , then again I don't really do much margarine either. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, no butter to make Christmas cookies?!  That would suck.  I have a friend in Norway...I should mail her a pound of butter as a joke. Evil

~ Sarah Kay

keeponrunning

Interesting- I'm Hungarian and I was just discussing with a friend how margarine ruins our cookies.  I cannot imagine cookies without butter.  Poor Norwegians.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

RunsForCake

I cannot imagine cookies without butter. 

I wouldn't want to live in a world without butter.  Cry

Margarine is nasty.

Right, but  "margarine" is poorly defined and there are some nice alternatives [1] to butter - some of the olive oil spreads are rather nice. In  some situations just putting good olive oil on bread is nice.

As with many things, a bit of variety is nice...

[1] For the pendants - I realise that some traditionalists will insist that there is only one "alternative".

xor

pendants?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

pendants?

Now you're just being pedantic.

~ Sarah Kay

#artbydmcbride

If they are all on a no-carb diet, they won't need butter to make cookies...........

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If they are all on a no-carb diet, they won't need butter to make cookies...........

Good point.  Except for those who aren't on low carb diets.  Though when I did low-carb I still made cookies...there are ways to do it without flour.  I had a couple of kinds I made that were really pretty good (they used things like almond flour, low-carb bake mix, Splenda and sugar alcohols...the ones that don't cause serious gastric issues).  Though they were SUPER high in fiber and would give us the toots, so it really helped with portion control. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

'Spose the Norwegians are to blame for the high price of butter around here?

xor

Luckily for us, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in china.

I can't think of butter without thinking of Last Tango in Paris.  I assume this isn't a good thing to admit.

However it's also reminded me that I have cookies to bake. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't think of butter without thinking of Last Tango in Paris.  I assume this isn't a good thing to admit.

Ha, DH is forever uttering that line. Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay