Ads are launched (Read 2086 times)

Chris T

I just subscribed and the ads disappeared.

Thanks, Eric.

Queen of 3rd Place

If you're a subscriber and you choose to see ads, does that benefit the site?

Ex runner

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Another way to get rid of the ads is to install "Ghostery" as an add-on to Firefox.  Then block Google Adsense.

I'll still pay for a subscription, though.  Thanks, Eric, for all you have done with this site!

Dog-Love

Thanks Eric...Giving you money for RA support is Fun and Easy!  I never saw the add before subscribing.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          xor

If you're a subscriber and you choose to see ads, does that benefit the site?

Yes.  You've paid for the subscription... and if you click an interesting ad (and remember: don't obsessively click; that's bad), then it gets bundled up into a small amount of ad revenue.

I love everybody.

Mrcrumpton

The ads are unobtrusive...kudos for not going with the floating kind that block your view unless you chase them down to close them Wink

Double kudos for instituting the subscription plan system, yet another feature that puts you a level above other sites.

Despite the ads not bothering me I think I should subscribe for a few years now just because I should have donated long ago.

+1 Thanks for your work Eric!

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
              • 10K-44:00
              • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
              • Marathon-3:30
              • Complete 50 Miler

Queen of 3rd Place

Yes.  You've paid for the subscription... and if you click an interesting ad (and remember: don't obsessively click; that's bad), then it gets bundled up into a small amount of ad revenue.

I love everybody.

Thanks, I was wondering if simply seeing them counts...it should!

Ex runner

jeffdonahue

I just subscribed and then checked off the "See my personalized ads" but still do not see ads.

But let me check from home, because it very well could be that my office just blocks google Adsense on my work computer.

I just subscribed and then checked off the "See my personalized ads" but still do not see ads.

But let me check from home, because it very well could be that my office just blocks google Adsense on my work computer.

That's not completely uncommon, and all of the ads are adsense right now.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Thanks, I was wondering if simply seeing them counts...it should!

There are a few different kinds of adsense ads...some pay out when they are clicked, others when they are viewed.

So, some of the ads will count every time they are displayed on screen whether you click or not, but not all of them.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

keeponrunning

The ads are unobtrusive...kudos for not going with the floating kind that block your view unless you chase them down to close them Wink

Double kudos for instituting the subscription plan system, yet another feature that puts you a level above other sites.

Despite the ads not bothering me I think I should subscribe for a few years now just because I should have donated long ago.

+1.  I think as soon as I have the cash I will subscribe as well!    Smile I should have donated a while back as I have been using this site for close to 2 years, but sometimes you have to give me a little incentive for me to get anything done.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Marathon Maniac #957

+100

Eric - you rock!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey eric Smile

I actually clicked an ad on this page and nothing happened.  It was an ad for a computer tablet (I know they're pushed by Google so you don't control which one loads and when).  I just thought I'd let you know that the click didn't function - don't know why - but you can't get click-through revenue if there's not a click-through.

It was in the ad box between the thread posts if that helps.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

HermosaBoy

Hey eric Smile

I actually clicked an ad on this page and nothing happened.  It was an ad for a computer tablet (I know they're pushed by Google so you don't control which one loads and when).  I just thought I'd let you know that the click didn't function - don't know why - but you can't get click-through revenue if there's not a click-through.

It was in the ad box between the thread posts if that helps.

Same results for me...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just tested a text ad to the right that took me to the Eukanuba site.  It worked fine.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay