Post-run routine (Read 909 times)

I suck at stretching.

Sometimes I do a few stretches after a run, but it is very inconsistent and I usually find myself copying other people. I think what I need is a routine -- something I can follow until it becomes a habit.

What do you guys do? Do you have a routine that is consistent enough to jot down and share?

--

Nashville, TN

mikeymike

Eat breakfast (usually cereal with skim milk, orange juice and lots of coffee), take a shower, go to work. Of course that's my post run routine for a morning run--for a mid day or evening run it would be slightly different, but you get the idea.

Runners run

MoBramExam

Protein drink, other necessary amount of liquids, glycogen replacement breakfast, and log the run on RA to ensure I get the full benefit of the workout.

I only stretch what feels tight. Not sure if there's any real benefit to it, other than it feels good.
          TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I only stretch what feels tight. Not sure if there's any real benefit to it, other than it feels good.

Breakfast...or second breakfast.   Log entirely too much data on RA Wink

steph  

Ok, I have had the protein shake and RA logging down. Maybe I am good then Smile

--

Nashville, TN

Craig

If you have lots of aches or muscle tightness issues like I do, you can choose to do many exercises.

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=16625

If you have lots of aches or muscle tightness issues like I do, you can choose to do many exercises.

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=16625

+1  I do this to and It seems to help.  I had calf and LT band issues and I am hoping that this routine will help.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

runrockclimb

I try to stretch after every run, I have a repertoire of yoga moves I enjoy and I pick and choose, I get bored if I try to do the same thing all the time. If I am in a hurry I use a yoga strap to stretch out my hips and hamstrings. Then I eat some breakfast and call it good. But, I'm not training for anything in particular at the moment.