In Your Running Experience Have You Ever Had to Use Construction Site Port A Potty? (Read 328 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My "random" run courses are often designed around the availability of Port-a-johns.  The housing boom of the 90's and 00's saved my drawers numerous times thanks to the proliferation of construction sites.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Tyler S

At least a few times. There was a decent amount of construction around where I went to college, so there was usually one within reach of whichever route we chose.

Feeling the growl again

And I've used the construction site itself once.  (Running at night, couldn't see anything inside the Porta-John, so I took the paper roll out and dropped ordnance elsewhere.)

I'm suppressing a manfromnantucket moment here....something about finding...nevermind....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

i know where all he construction porta potties are around my area and am getting to know some of the construction guys now...

Champions are made when no one is watching

kettledrum

Yep, only for #2 though.

yep, only once.  always carry tp with me.  always carry a roll in truck & backpack too.

Skip the TP my man, and go with babywipes. I was a TP man on hiking and climbing trips forever, till my buddy had some babywipes. Now i never leave home with out them. Depending on the length of my hike, i have NO problem dookeying in the woods, or standing/squating over a paper bag while on a porta ledge WAY offa the ground. Doing the porta ledge thing is REALLY TRICKY though, gotta be extremely careful.

QuinntheEskimo

Not That Douchey

i know where all he construction porta potties are around my area and am getting to know some of the construction guys now...

+1

i know every port-o-potty within 6 mile radius of my home.

on my long run routes out in the boonies i'm sure my plastic baggies w/ TP are still safely tucked away under strategic trees.

Mostly harmless

I live in the country so on the rare occasion when the PM strikes while out on a run the only option is heading into the woods.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Half Fanatic #846

Had an 'emergency' on one of my routes once, and just barely made it to an abandoned house that had been about 90% finished, and an older port-a-potty left on the site. Just hoped there was TP in it.  Went in, saw TP, let the door bang shut, and did my business in the dark. Afterward, when I opened the door to leave, I saw a large, active wasp nest just in front of me on the inside of the door. Fortunately, the temperature was just cool enough that they weren't flying around yet!

Reminds me of the time I got stung 22 - yes, twenty two - times by yellow jackets while running alone in the woods down a fire break...(really)...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!