Training Summary Week Ending 3/23/08 (Read 674 times)

Feeling the growl again

M - off T - 3 miles 6:30 avg, 3 miles 6:02 avg, 3 miles 5:52 avg and 1.25 mile cooldown W- 8 miles easy on tm 6:53 avg R - 8 miles including workout of 4X (3min 12mph 2% grade/2min 6 mph 0% grade) F - Late AM, 6.25 miles easy 6:40 avg on tm 2%. PM, 8.5 miles easy 6:40 avg Sa - 16 miles easy 6:40 avg w/ 13th mile 6:07; wanted fast finish but didn't feel sharp. Su - 3 miles very easy on tm 7:20 avg, wiped Total for week: 60 miles ---Decent week, bombed long run workout though. Need more consistent volume. (edited to correct errors in report, I forgot I did a workout Tuesday)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

You might want to check out the RA Coaching forum: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/RACF/Forum

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Good running Andy. Got any races in the future? Here's my week, the second-last before tapering for Boston. I'm hoping for 2:50-2:55. Monday - off Tuesday - 8 miles Wednesday - 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 hard with 1:00 jog over hills, from marathon to 10k pace, 13 miles total Thursday - 6 miles slow Friday - 9 miles Saturday - 10 miles Sunday - 9 miles easy, 9.3 miles (15k) hard in 61:13, 2 miles cooldown, 20 miles total 66 miles Today's workout was just over 6:30/mile, or 2:52 marathon pace. It was the most fun I've had on a long run so far this winter. I had running easy for 2.5 hours. Most of my easy running is at around 8:30/mile.
          My week was terrible. My dad owns a business that does water damages and we had a ton of flooding around here. I had to take off two straight days because I was so exhausted after working 10 hours one day then 12 the next. Normally that wouldn't be that bad but carrying heavy stuff around all day gets very exhausting. And that was after going short and easy a few straight days because I wasn't feeling great. Only 37 on the week. Closed the week with a solid long run and have been feeling good since so I'm looking forward to some solid training now.

Feeling the growl again

Good running Andy. Got any races in the future?
            My next for-sure race is the Indy Mini Marathon the first part of May. I'd like to do another shorter one in between as a tune-up, but my travel schedule for work is killing me. I had hoped to run under 1:12, but the last 5 weeks have been too inconsistent and low on volume and I'm sure that is out of reach now. At this point I'll take anything under 1:14 I guess. Hang in there Mike, the training will go better when you aren't lugging heavy stuff around.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

My week was terrible. My dad owns a business that does water damages and we had a ton of flooding around here. I had to take off two straight days because I was so exhausted after working 10 hours one day then 12 the next. Normally that wouldn't be that bad but carrying heavy stuff around all day gets very exhausting. And that was after going short and easy a few straight days because I wasn't feeling great. Only 37 on the week. Closed the week with a solid long run and have been feeling good since so I'm looking forward to some solid training now.
              I read about this on LetsRun! Sorry to hear it. At least your dad made a ton of money, I hope, in what are terrible circumstances.
                M: rest day Tu: 10km easy W: upper body weights Th: rest day F: 15.8km easy Sa: 10km a bit too fast to be easy Su: 21km long Total: 56.8km hope the little one is feeling better this week spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Thanks Mandy. She's doing great this week. If I find a deal on a used baby jogger she'll be doing even better.

Hawt and sexy

Thank you Andy. I was really starting to miss these.

I'm touching your pants.

Hannibal Granite

M - 4.3 miles 7:11 pace T - 10.2 miles 7:10 pace W- 8.1 miles 7:19 pace R - 14.4 miles "long" run 7:09 pace F - 2.4 miles 7:15 pace Sa - 10K Race 36:54 - 1st overall in a small field (~60 runners) on a hilly course w/ warm-up & cool-down about 10 miles for the day Su - 8.9 miles 7:00 pace Total for week: 58 miles

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

I read about this on LetsRun! Sorry to hear it. At least your dad made a ton of money, I hope, in what are terrible circumstances.
                        Haha, wait did I post that on lets run? I don't remember that at all.