HM training interrupted by holiday, quick question... (Read 325 times)

Hey all, I'm currently training under the Hal Higdon plan for a HM at the end of September (Oh my gosh that's this month...yikes!). Anyway, because our office was closed for the holiday on Friday and Monday it has thrown off my running schedule by a day. I was due to run 8 miles on Saturday...which I did do. Sunday was Stretch and Strengthen...I did that as well. However I was not able to run the 5 miles yesterday and am due to run only 3 miles today. Here is the question... should I do the 5 and skip todays' 3 miler and do another 5 tomorrow that it calls for and be back on schedule? Or, forget the 5 from yesterday and continue on with the plan of 3 today and 5 tomorrow. Add to this the plan called for 2 days rest prior to the 8 miler, so I have only run the 1 time (8 miles) in 5 days. I know it probably seems like a minor issue to those of you with much bigger base, and there is room for adjustment within the Higdon plan, just more out of curiosity of how those here would approach the run today. My thought is to go for the 3 today and depending on how I feel (add 90+ degree weather) maybe go for the 5. Confused Thanks! B

A Saucy Wench

Are you doing the 10K slated on the schedule this coming weekend? If no I would do the 5 today, the 3 tomorrow, the 5 on thursday and take just one day of rest before your long run this weekend. If yes I would still do 5 today, do 3 tomorrow, and then do 3 on one of the 2 rest days

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Thanks for the feedback Ennay. There are no 10K races near me for this weekend, but there is a local 5k so I thought about running the course twice to get the 10k in. If I don't run the 10K, I'll probably go with your suggestion and count yesterday as a rest day instead of Thursday and maybe do 7 or 8 miles on Saturday in place of the 10K race. Thanks for the help! B