did i miss something? (Read 1408 times)

eric :)

Would  it be possible to populate a default time so we don't have to fill out the field? Like you do with weight and equipment?

Most of my runs are in the morning and I don't care if my log says I started at exactly 5:55 or a default of 6:00. 

Tom,

Unless there's a bug, the field is not required so you can leave it blank if you don't care about it.

+1.  It's a small thing, but I always, always forgot that I needed to enter AM/PM before.

This is the sort of problems I'm trying to fix.  The feedback I received from non-computer savvy people is that they don't know how to enter the time into the field.  They are so used to select hours and minutes from a drop down or having hours and minutes as separate text fields.  Technically, the new time of day field is the latter, but it's not as offensive as dropdowns.  It can still be made easier to use, if only I can figure out how to enable the left and right arrow keys to move between fields.

Prince of Fatness

Tom,

Unless there's a bug, the field is not required so you can leave it blank if you don't care about it.

I do not enter a time for runs that I enter manually and am never prompted for it.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I do not enter a time for runs that I enter manually and am never prompted for it.

I was prompted that I had to enter a time, once, two days ago.  Never since.  It struck me as odd at the time, then again I knew updates were ongoing per eric's message so I just ignored it.

Thanks for all the good work, eric Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Tom,

Thanks Eric... I guess I haven't tried leaving it blank. Normally the field is drawn to my attention because I enter the time in the wrong format (I'm a sloppy typist)... same with my run duration most of the time. 

Thanks again!

Tom

xhristopher

[tab] < [shift] + [ ; ]

I'm with eric Smile on this very important issue.

I'm with eric Smile on this very important issue.

If we are counting keystrokes, then [1] + [0] < [1] +[0] +[tab] + [0]. Smile

If we are counting keystrokes, then [1] + [0] < [1] +[0] +[tab] + [0]. Smile

While that is true, "10" as in hours is a bug that I never caught. Smile

Cntrygal

I have the 24 hour option selected, but wasn't able to enter it that way this morning.  Is that option not returning? 

corrade

Valet Parking

I believe it is now more user friendly because the hour and minute fields are more explicit.  New users struggle with the field because it's not obvious enough.  It is a small change from the previous experience and it is something you're not used to.  Its change is needed in preparation for another project.  Give it a chance.  I have no doubt that after you grow accustom to it, you'll have the same objection if I revert back.

I have great doubts. It is a drag.

xor

It was a drag the first time I did it.

The next few times have been fine.

For me.  Mind you, I use about 15% of the capabilities of Yee Olde Log.

I have the 24 hour option selected, but wasn't able to enter it that way this morning.  Is that option not returning? 

If you have the 24 hour option selected, then the time of day field expects the input to be in 24 hour format.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have great doubts. It is a drag.

Hmmm...a Masshole.  And I'm not sure how this is putting you out so much with the 1-2x/week that you are logging workouts... Confused  Ermahgerd, what did that cost you, an extra 1.437 seconds of your life/week?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cntrygal

If you have the 24 hour option selected, then the time of day field expects the input to be in 24 hour format.

I doublechecked and I do have the 24 hr option selected (like I want) and then checked again and I can enter the time in that format as long as I ignore the ":"   Seeing the 24 hr format with a colon will take some getting used to - I may have to switch back to "civilian" time.  LOL

Cntrygal

btw.....

THANKS!  Smile