Rate your feet! (Read 642 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On a scale of 1-10, rate your feet...with 1 being feet that make little kids run away from you screaming in horror and 10 being perfect specimens of podiatric beauty. Mine...hmmm...I'd say a 6-7. They're pretty pudgy and wide, but my toes are long and fairly feminine-looking for some balance. So far no scary black toenails or other visible signs that they are "runner's feet." Perhaps that will change as my weekly mileage increases, though. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mine are too nice at the moment. I like it when I have F***** up runners feet. I was so proud the first time I lost a toenail. Runners feet is a good thing.
      Run more.
      Purdey

Self anointed title

zoom-zoom : has this been sparked by my admission that I have two black toenails??? Wink I guess I would rate my feet as rather attractive - apart from the two toenails - which I think are about to drop off. I should probably cut back my mileage but.... would rather lose the toenails! (are all runners as insane as me?)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Three years after Nike stopped making my favorite shoes, I finally had to look for a replacement. My first new shoe in three years is the adidas Supernova CLA. I found it to be a little heavier than what I was used to, mostly because they have strips of leather instead of having a completely synthetic top. After several runs, I found them to be too wide, causing too much movement in the toe box and I started getting calluses on my toes. Before these shoes, my feet didn't look like runner feet. Heck, they don't look like they've run much. I went back to my local running store a month later, and told the sales person I'm looking for another pair. She commented that I have narrow feet, and there aren't too many shoes that would fit me. "No offense," she said, "but you could also consider a larger size in the women's shoes." I thought that was hilarious, and said "only if they come in pink." Fortunately/unfortunately, there aren't any pink shoes, so no women's shoes for me. She brought out a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 9. They have the same feel as my Nikes, right down to the cushion. I think I've found my new pair of shoes to fuel my addiction! Ok, back to the feet... I'll give it a 7.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

She brought out a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 9. They have the same feel as my Nikes, right down to the cushion. I think I've found my new pair of shoes to fuel my addiction!
            Oh, how awesome! I hate it when things like a favorite shampoo or a facial moisturizer are discontinued, but those are relatively minor when compared with a favorite running shoe--especially in terms of $$ and the work to find a replacement.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Fortunately/unfortunately, there aren't any pink shoes, so no women's shoes for me.
              Last years Asics Kayano for women was a nice metallic pink-purple thing. My running buddy-ess was not too happy. So she wanted to run on the forest to get them mudded up. Big grin
              Run more.