2011 Goal of Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 8006 times)

DoppleBock

Is Scovil injured or just stopped posting his runs?

I have e-mailed him a time or 2 and all I hear is silence

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Dear Mr Jeff

I know you put a lot of time and effort into making every blog entry a workout of "Quality", but those of us who like to read it would not mind a few "Junk" entries inbetween quality workouts.  More volume please!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Why is it sideways?

Dear Mr Jeff

I know you put a lot of time and effort into making every blog entry a workout of "Quality", but those of us who like to read it would not mind a few "Junk" entries inbetween quality workouts.  More volume please!

Ha. I know I am due another entry. I will try. It is hard to keep up the volume and get in stupid arguments on message boards at the same time.

The Thunder

WOW.  Leave out a few relevant details there to make yourself look good there, didn't you?  Like the part where I was on pace for 2:32-2:35 up until I pulled a hip flexor with 10 miles to go? 

You're right, the proof is in the pudding. Your marathon is incredibly soft given your performances over shorter distances.  You ran what, 15:49 in May/June and could only muster a 2:38 by fall?  McMillan would give around 2:33-4 which, even if optimistic, you had all summer to build towards.  Looks like backwards progress to me, especially given your volume.  You have a low-15 5K PR and have never mustered better than a 2:38. 

Hey douche....listen up.  First off, you were on pace for SHIT from the start of your race.  10 out of 10 days you run slower than 2:40 if you go out at the pace you did.  You weren't in shape to run close to 2:32.  Period.  End of story.  I know a bit about dumb racing.  That sir was dumb.  You should have known better.

Also, if you'd get Mr. McMillan's balls out of your mouth you'd realize Jeff ran a 2:35 and not a 2:38.  Pretty darn close to that 2:33-34 range.  Not to mention his 15:49 was on a track, and NOT roads. 

Finally, go fuck yourself...the whole lot of ya.  Fuck running, it's stupid. 

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

xor

Hug.

I like the way he called him "Mr. McMillan".  Such civility is lost in today's world.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Why is it sideways?

Ah, Thunder. He's just pissed because I'm about to pass him in mileage YTD.

L Train

And they say the place that shall not be named because of fight club rules is dead.  It just moved is all.

C-R

and here i thought thunder was off his meds again

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

mikeymike

I know a bit about dumb racing.

I can vouch for that.

Runners run

The Thunder

And they say the place that shall not be named because of fight club rules is dead.  It just moved is all.

No it's dead.  I'm not a runner anymore anyway.  I just happened across this website today by happenstance. 

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

No it's dead. 

YOUGOTTHATRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Thunder!!

Feeling the growl again

Hey douche....listen up.  First off, you were on pace for SHIT from the start of your race.  10 out of 10 days you run slower than 2:40 if you go out at the pace you did.  You weren't in shape to run close to 2:32.  Period.  End of story.  I know a bit about dumb racing.  That sir was dumb.  You should have known better.

Also, if you'd get Mr. McMillan's balls out of your mouth you'd realize Jeff ran a 2:35 and not a 2:38.  Pretty darn close to that 2:33-34 range.  Not to mention his 15:49 was on a track, and NOT roads. 

Finally, go fuck yourself...the whole lot of ya.  Fuck running, it's stupid. 

Your analysis of a race you never witnessed by someone whose training you had elementary exposure to is about as meaningless as Jeff's trying to compare the two based on a biased selection of data points (but not quite).  I've flipped much harder odds that that race. 

But it's nice to see you back here jackwagon, you were missed.  I almost took you out of my sig line.  Hope all is settling in well out east.

MTA:  Your reference to McMillan is hilarious dude.  With all your hero worshipping of me and all you should know the irony in that comment.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Thoughts on what a 1:22:00 half could translate into?  (assuming some sort of decent training)

In my experience over the last 12 months:

Nov 2009 trained for and ran 1:21:5x and followed it up with a 2:54:5x in April 2010. Got good racing conditions for both of these races.

Are we there yet?

Man, THUNDER.. if you stopped running.. at least stop by and throw down once in a while.. way to ignite the pulse on this thread.

As for 1:22:33 on the HM = 2:56:30 for me last year @ Baton Rouge.