Birthday Wish List Suggestions (Read 497 times)

New here, but running consistently for about a year, mostly on flat trails. . . 3-5 miles/run, 5-6 times a week. It's almost my birthday, and it's getting cold here (will snow soon and get down to about 0 degrees F). . .and I'm planning to request a new heart rate monitor (maybe with GPS) and thermal underwear for my running as birthday presents. Anyone have any suggestions on specific heart rate monitors they love (haven't seen many with GPS that's look good on a girl) or thermals that won't overheat/will stay dry?
    Jeffrey

I like the Polar rs200sd. Comes with a chest strap for HRM and a foot pod for speed and cadence. The pod looks huge but you don't feel it. On a related note - I liked the autolap feature. I used the chest strap a few times in the first couple of weeks to get some baseline information but won't use it any time soon because it feels like a giant rubber band around your chest; constriction, not the easiest thing to "forget about" while you are running. There is a watch thread in this Gears and Wears section but not much coverage on the GPS feature.
      Anyone have any suggestions on specific heart rate monitors they love
        Hmmm. . . I'd seen a few watches with the foot pod, and since I didn't know how they worked, I was skeptical about how accurate they'd be. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the idea!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

There's also a GPS user's group over in the group area.

Roads were made for journeys...