Garmin 205 Charging Cradle (Read 720 times)

12 Squared

Well, I've lost mine; probably left it in the last hotel I visited. Crap. Anyone have a 205/305 that has expired and would consider donating the cradle to a fellow runner?

The 25.00 cost of a new cradle would probably be better spent investing in a new system. I have found them as low as 17, but still...

If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Charge it directly off your computer's USB port until you find a cradle

Prince of Fatness

Charge it directly off your computer's USB port until you find a cradle

You need the cradle for that.  You get two cords with the cradle.  One is USB and the other for a wall outlet.

Not at it at all. 

Sorry, was thinking about the 110

Most hotels do a really good job of handling items left in rooms, I would call and ask to speak with housekeeping.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Troy.

There's a used one for $8 with free shipping on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARMIN-FORERUNNER-205-305-CHARGING-CRADLE-010-10752-00-/220877735847

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

12 Squared

Sorry, was thinking about the 110

Don't know why they all weren't made with a direct USB port.

If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Prince of Fatness

Amazon has the cradle for $17 and free shipping (you do have to spend $25 but there is always something that you need that is eligible for the free shipping).  Click.

I just ordered a new strap set for my 205.  That unit does all I need it to do, and it just didn't make sense to buy something that has features that I don't use just because the strap fell apart.  The unit still works fine.  I thought that buying the strap for $15 was the better option.

Not at it at all. 

Most hotels do a really good job of handling items left in rooms, I would call and ask to speak with housekeeping.

Unless it's an iPod. Or Bose headphones. Those don't seem to turn up. 

Old, Slow, Happy

I have a 205 that must have gotten wet.  Anyway, it looks good when it's on the cradle, but doesn't work when I disengage it.  I've tried all the ways I could find to "reset" it.  I would be happy to send you the whole kit and kaboodle.  Send me a message with your name and address and I'll get it right out to you.  I'm sure the charging cradle works.