Seriously, could this possibly be a good weight for me?!?!? (Read 351 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

heatherruns - yes, I'm a size 4. Except I have a classic runner problem. My waist is fairly small (27 inches) but my "hip circumference" is huge on account of my quads. Which are gigantic. And don't fit into a lot of pants unless they are cut right.

Lucky Brand Lola and Sofia cuts...and Levi's Curvy 528/529 and Supreme Curve cut Curve ID jeans.  You're welcome. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mysecondnewname

I'm a vegetarian. Will I get much out of that book? I've heard about it!

I really liked "Racing Weight".   Solid science, practical, and vegetarian friendly.  (I'm finally at my ideal racing weight so we'll see how it pans out in a few weeks--can't wait!    )

As a side note: I saw Meb a few days after Boston at an event, and he said just a few pounds made a huge difference at his level (i.e., at 119 he felt terrible, while at 122 he won Boston).

Finally, I know you were being funny calling yourself "fatty", but seriously, you are anything but.    If you are feeling good, running well, not going hungry/sick, and your blood levels are fine, you're at a good weight, IMHO.

SillyC

Lucky Brand Lola and Sofia cuts...and Levi's Curvy 528/529 and Supreme Curve cut Curve ID jeans.  You're welcome. Smile

Yeah! "Curvy cut" for the win!

SillyC

As a side note: I saw Meb a few days after Boston at an event, and he said just a few pounds made a huge difference at his level (i.e., at 119 he felt terrible, while at 122 he won Boston).

You know, I was watching the Boston Marathon and thinking to myself that he looked stronger and heavier than I had seen him before. And two hours later, I'm yelling MEB MEB MEB MEB at my computer screen.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah! "Curvy cut" for the win!

I love not having room to stash a small child above my butt when I buy jeans to fit my rear and thighs.  If you think running is bad for that waist:hip ratio, put in some miles on a bike...finding pants to fit is a serious challenge.  The smaller I get, the worse the imbalance becomes, too, since my waist shrinks exponentially faster than the rest of me (first place I lose, last place I gain).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Docket_Rocket

Check out this book.

Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald

He has a chapter about figuring out your "optimal" weight. Some folks just do better when they have a little more muscle.

I've really enjoyed the book and it's helped me out.

Congrats on the PR!

I also recommend this book.  He also has the recipe book if you want to get some ideas.

Every time I try to lose weight, I feel sluggish, cannot run the paces I run when I am at this weight, so I assume the body performs better when it's happy, performs well, is not overweight, and I sleep well at night.  Actually, my weight now is higher than a certain weight I used to weigh (and would love to get back to), yet I look thinner than then now and I am running faster than then, so don't concentrate on the number necessarily but on how the clothes fit, how the body looks, and how you are feeling and performing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SillyC

Every time I try to lose weight, I feel sluggish, cannot run the paces I run when I am at this weight, so I assume the body performs better when it's happy, performs well, is not overweight, and I sleep well at night. 

That, exactly, Docket_Rocket, although I guess I did train well after all because I'm doing very well at races. I thought if I just cut a tiny bit... just a small deficit.... I'd be okay. NOT.