Star runner, 8 months pregnant, competes in 800 meters at U.S. championships (Read 188 times)

MazyRuns

I was so happy to see this. Far too often women are told to be careful, take a rest, gain, weight, it is too selfish, it is too dangerous, blah blah blah while pregnant. Phooey!! I went out and ran 3 miles while I was 43 weeks pregnant (and went into labour ten hours later!). That was pregnancy #1. With #2 I trained with a jogging stroller and ran 9 5Ks, one for every month of pregnancy, and all of them were under 30 mins. And with #3 I trained with a double jogger until 8 months.  Everyone was healthier and happier for it!

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28

beat

Break on through

I heard it this morning on NPR.  The bonus in the NPR story was that Montano said she was glad she didn't get lapped. Smile

"I just didn't want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800," said Montano, the 800 national champion the past four years.  - great quote!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

"I just didn't want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800," said Montano, the 800 national champion the past four years.  - great quote!

I saw her interviewed on TV.  What a great lady!  I wish I knew her personally.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

So... can the baby claim a PR, cause it beat mom by a few inches.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental