Summary page shows speed in pace columns (Read 43 times)

Schauplatz

Sonnenläuferin

Hi,

for some reason my summary widgets show km/h (speed) instead of min/km (pace). I have seen in other profiles that the pace columns do actually show pace in min/km. What can I do to repair this?

Thanks,

Claudia

P.S.: The reason may be that I created an activity called "Laufen" (meaning "Running" in German), and the monoglott Runningahead does not realize it's a "run" activity which should reasonably have "pace" (although pace does show up properly in my workoult list). So how can I make the program learn that by "pace" I mean minutes per kilometer??

TakeAHike

Hi Schauplatz,

If you want to see your summary in miles and miles per hour, you need to change your settings.  In the upper right-hand corner under your name, click on the options button.  Then, click on Locale.  You will see a number of options there,. If you change the distance unit to miles, you should be all set.  I am pretty sure that having an activity called "Laufen" has nothing to do with the units used.

Schöne Grüsse!

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

obiebyke

I don't think its a miles vs. kilometers units issue, TAH. She wants pace instead of kph/mph.

Schauplatz, can you open up your log so we can see what it looks like right now? What widget are you using?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

TakeAHike

Good point obiebyke.  I should learn to read the question before trying to answer.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

obiebyke

Ha! No worries. I do that all the time. But I can't tell from looking at my own log what's going on, so I defer the actual fix to someone smarter. Smile

Schauplatz

Sonnenläuferin

I don't think its a miles vs. kilometers units issue, TAH. She wants pace instead of kph/mph.

Schauplatz, can you open up your log so we can see what it looks like right now? What widget are you using?

Indeed, you're right, I want pace instead of kph.

I've opened up my log now. Don't actually laugh at my pace, please. Just look at the issue in question Blush

For background: I've imported a lot of activities from a polarpersonaltrainer.com xml-file. Since the naming in the import went all wrong or rather, does not correspond to the naming system in Runningahead, I've changed some of the workouts to the now standard "Laufen" activity. In the summary, if I check the "display pace column" checkbox, I get not pace but speed, i.e. not minutes/km but kph.

Thanks for looking at my problem ..

Claudia

obiebyke

You're faster than I am, so no laughing here. When you edit the widget, do you have the "display pace column" box checked?

Schauplatz

Sonnenläuferin

You're faster than I am, so no laughing here. When you edit the widget, do you have the "display pace column" box checked?

Yes, as I said Smile

Schauplatz

Sonnenläuferin

My guess is RA somehow "thinks" my "Laufen" activity is biking ... I'll try changing some activities around with the pre-defined activity "Run" and see what the system will do.

Schauplatz

Sonnenläuferin

I was right - look at bottom right "Monthly Run Stats" - it correctly shows the pace in the pace column.

What a pain - what use is it to create activity types if you can't choose what you want to have displayed as "pace"? Roll eyes Now I have to change everything again, even enter my shoes again for "run" because you can only enter equipment by activity and not globally ... Disapprove What the hell, it's only about 200 entries! Cry

TakeAHike

You could also pm eric. Perhaps he can make some of these changes for you, so you don't have to do it manually.  Or maybe not, but it is worth a try.

Schauplatz

Sonnenläuferin

I did but no answer. But I've resigned to my fate since I have to touch most of these entries anyway.

Thanks and good running (just starting on my morning GA2 round)

Claudia