'splain this to me... (Read 994 times)

If they make...people will buy it...plain and simple.
    You mean Apple are a bunch of capitalists interested in making a few (billion) bucks and not simply the loving and nurturing organization interested solely in its users' well being, enrichment and freedom that I thought? My world is shattered.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I tell ya', part of me wishes my 2nd gen. Nano would die.
      Well, "accidents" do happen. Evil grin The current nano is sweet. My wife has one, and even though I have the 80GB (pre-classic), I drool over hers. That little screen has the same pixel count as the larger screen on mine, so the image is incredible bright and clear. And this doesn't get a lot of play, but they made some great improvements on the user interface for the current gen model. Hmm, maybe I need to have an "accident", too. Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, I have held the new one and I actually like it less than mine. I think the click-wheel is smaller. I've seen a lot of criticism of it for running, vs. the 2nd gen. If I traveled a lot I could see wanting one for watching movies, but for my purposes a nice screen would be completely lost.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff, I have held the new one and I actually like it less than mine. I think the click-wheel is smaller. I've seen a lot of criticism of it for running, vs. the 2nd gen.
          Hmmm, good point. Maybe I need to go to the grand opening of the Apple Store here in town tomorrow and investigate this throughly. Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm, good point. Maybe I need to go to the grand opening of the Apple Store here in town tomorrow and investigate this throughly. Evil grin
            Ooh, our nearest Apple store opened almost...uhhh...3 years ago. That's when we got our Mini. We went that day, but the free t-shirts were already gone (I had a race that AM, then did's company picnic). *snap*

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ooh, our nearest Apple store opened almost...uhhh...3 years ago.
              Where at?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where at?
                GR. Woodland Mall. About the only reason to go to that mall, nowadays....

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

GR. Woodland Mall. About the only reason to go to that mall, nowadays....
                  I would not have guessed that. I figured only in SE Michigan. I may do some serious damage to my wallet at the Apple Store. I'm a far less rational shopper in person than when I order online.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I may do some serious damage to my wallet at the Apple Store. I'm a far less rational shopper in person than when I order online.
                    Plus those Apple stores have a knack for hiring super personable sales staff who know just how to work a shopper up into a buying frenzy. I swear the last time we were in there it took all of our will not to buy the top-of-the line set-up...and I think we were just in there to look for Sennheiser headphones for my iPod (they had the ones I wanted on the site and since we were in the neighborhood I wanted to see if they had them in the store, too). That place is really dangerous.

~ Sarah Kay