A zoom-zoom tease (Read 681 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So today "Dash" the wondermobile had his 30k mile service. Since it was going to take a couple of hours the dealership offered me a loaner. The loaner was a Mazda CX-7...turbo (244 hp...same engine in the Mazdaspeed 3--my dream car), manumatic 6-speed transmission, leather, traction control. Nice. What sucks is our backroads are such a mess that I couldn't go see what the baby could do. Nice pickup on the roads, though. That manumatic transmission is kinda cool, too...though not as cool as a true manual with a clutch. I think I still prefer my little 3. Those larger vehicles just seem so out-of-touch with the road. On bad roads I don't think I'd care for that. My drive down to the dealership was VERY icy and I could feel every twitch and slip with my car and adjust my driving accordingly. The traction control sorta weirded me out. I've heard that in a year or two ALL cars will have traction control...not sure I'm all that thrilled about it. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Angry a tease about a car.....grrrrr.... I thought it would be zoom-zoom running in shorts and mukluks...dang...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Angry a tease about a car.....grrrrr.... I thought it would be zoom-zoom running in shorts and mukluks...dang...
        I run in skirts if I'm gonna bare my legs...but perhaps I need to get some mukluks... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

And I thought Dash was the cat, and you were speaking in clever euphemisms - until you said CX-7 (yes I thought they might give you a loaner cat...). I've always liked the look of the CX-7. Settled for a Scion Xb this time around, but did take a serious look at the 3. Had a miata in the salad days.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We had thought about a Scion...but cruise control didn't appear to be an available option--is that true? We LOVE our little 3. Awesome car. It's like another child. Heck, when our DS turns 16 we will be giving Dash to him as his car (he will still have to pay his own insurance, gas, maintenance). Dash will be 11 by then and perfectly broken-in for a teenager. Smile Yeah, the CX-7 is a very nice looking car...I think all the Mazdas are. Unfortunately the zoom-zoom in the CX-7 requires premium fuel and it gets pretty poor gas mileage. It's not likely a car we would ever look at for those reasons, alone. Too big for our needs, anyhow.

~ Sarah Kay

We had thought about a Scion...but cruise control didn't appear to be an available option--is that true?
              Yes - it's standard. Well, mine (automatic trans.) has it anyway.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What year is yours? Maybe their website was weird for the '06 models, but when we tried to configure a car using their site we could find no evidence of CC. That was a complete deal-breaker for us. Too bad if it was available...had they made it more apparent we definitely would have gone for a test drive. Those little Scion wagon/van things look like they would haul a heckuvalot of stuff.

~ Sarah Kay

I love zoom-zoom (as in mazda's). Although, I'm a rotary freak, and not into new cars. ('82 RX-7 GSL) I can't drive a car like that as a daily driver, though. I'd burn too much gas. Wink
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I <3 the="" rx-8.="" the="" kabura="" would="" be="" a="" cool="" car="" to="" see="" in="" production,="" too...=""></3>

~ Sarah Kay

What year is yours? Maybe their website was weird for the '06 models, but when we tried to configure a car using their site we could find no evidence of CC. That was a complete deal-breaker for us. Too bad if it was available...had they made it more apparent we definitely would have gone for a test drive. Those little Scion wagon/van things look like they would haul a heckuvalot of stuff.
                      Mine's an '08. They are a foot longer than the older models, and slightly more mainstream styling. And now have the same engine as the Camry. But yes, they are HUGE on the inside.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is really cool looking. I like that better than the older ones. The front end looks sportier.

~ Sarah Kay

I thought the same thing. Wink