iCandy (Read 1047 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody got an iPhone yet? Well... do tell...
    PWL

Has been

No...the wife really wants one, but at $600, it's hard to justify. Especially since we already have 4 cell phones, a PDA, two laptops, a desktop, a 30GB iPod, two iPod Minis, an iPod Nano, and two iPod Shuffles. Roll eyes I don't see any voids in my current tech lineup that the iPhone could fill. But we'll probably end up with one eventually anyone cuz it's pretty and fun. Clowning around PS We are techie geeks, in case there was any doubt.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

shyrunner07

not yet... agonizing considering there is a store only a mile or so away that has them in stock...*sigh* maybe santa will be extra generous this year...Big grin
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As much as I want one, I want a Garmin more. Already have a perfectly good iPod that's not even 6 months old and I don't currently have much reason to use my basic PDA (it's a great alarm clock when you have a different wake schedule depending upon the day of the week, though...that's about all I use it for nowadays).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jeffrey

I've had mine a couple of days (8gb). It's great. It really does give you "the internet in your pocket". The touchscreen looks and feels < so="" modern="" />. The interfaces are intuitive, well proportioned and behave elegantly. Overall the device is a pleasure to use. Runningahead.com loads fast for me (Seattle - rumor is ATT bumped their EDGE network speeds just before the launch on 0629). My advice: buy one. I don't think you'll regret it.
            shyrunner07

*moseys next to squidboy and looks lovingly at his new toy*
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*sits on other side of Squiddy to oogle his new toy*

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

Sounds like a fun toy, but I abuse my phones WAY too much to get something with a big shiny touchscreen. Plus I would hate to switch to AT&T.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wonder, can I get an iPhone but not the wireless plan, and instead just use wifi...
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Plus I would hate to switch to AT&T.
                      If the iPhone is available in a few years with Verizon service (only cell provider with coverage around my community) and is a good deal cheaper I will definitely be considering one. Sure would be nice to go for a run without carring my iPod AND my cell. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I wonder, can I get an iPhone but not the wireless plan, and instead just use wifi...
                        I bet you could, but that would be an incredibly expensive way to only get an 8GB ipod, and an internet device that you could only use in select places. The Steve has hinted at upgraded iPods for later this year. I'm holding out hope for a widescreen video iPod later this year. Either that, or the 2nd Gen iPhone with 3G and a few of the other kinks worked out.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

meh.... Personally, not interested. The only time I use my iPod is when I'm driving. My current phone has a camera in it, and I hate it. I end up with more pictures of the inside of my pocket and have to delete them. If I'm not at the computer, I'm generally not interested in the internet. I just couldn't possibly justify the expense to myself, or my wife. I'm just not that into that sort of stuff. I can't even justify being able to check email while away from the computer.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

500 000 units sold over the weekend. I don't want no expensive phone. I want a cheap cellphone that I can carry in my sweaty pocket while running in the rain for hours. But the iPhones that I have held in my hands the past couple days? WAY cool!
                            Scout7

How many of those 500,000 units got activated over the weekend? I heard there were some issues with activation. So many people.....nailed the servers. But that's not why I wouldn't buy one. I'm just not interested. Technologically-speaking, yeah, it's cool. But what would I do with it? I wouldn't use 3/4 of the functionality.
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

As much as I want one, I want a Garmin more. Already have a perfectly good iPod that's not even 6 months old and I don't currently have much reason to use my basic PDA (it's a great alarm clock when you have a different wake schedule depending upon the day of the week, though...that's about all I use it for nowadays).
                                Now that I'm in the midst of hardcore Garmin love with my 305, I can safely say that I'm glad I've gotten the Forerunner as opposed to the iPhone. You would not believe the sense of panic I had yesterday afternoon when Garmie locked up, and I thought I would have to run without him. I was all like, "how in the hell can I run without knowing my exact distance, pace, elevation and hard heart rate at any given second?" Fortunately, I discovered that holding down the power and mode keys invokes a soft reset, so I'm safe again. (Jeff the Purist is but a distant memory. Man, that guy was fast but absolutely no fun -- prick sounded like a Pearl Izumi ad Tongue ) That's not to say I don't have a severe case of iLust, but given the fact that I've already got a video iPod, and that I don't have WiFi hotspots at work or anywhere I normally go, the iPhone isn't for me. Yet. But it will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.