Foot Pain (Read 293 times)

HeidiGSR

Hi All

I have started getting pain in my foot over the last couple of weeks. It's on the inside and kind of shoots down and under the arch.

I've been having a read about and am worried it might be tarsal tunnel syndrome. I am an overpronator but I do have motion control shoes.

Only thing is, I don't really get any tingling when I tap behind the inner ankle bone like this site says to do. Most of the other symptoms are about right though.

What do you think?

EpiRunr

I think you should go see a physio, or chiro, or podiatrist... a sports-focused one would be best. 

Alternatively, you could try resting and ice for a while and see if it goes away, but that doesn't help with the root cause of the pain (possibly those shoes).

Hoban-Jay

Hi All

I have started getting pain in my foot over the last couple of weeks. It's on the inside and kind of shoots down and under the arch.

I've been having a read about and am worried it might be tarsal tunnel syndrome. I am an overpronator but I do have motion control shoes.

Only thing is, I don't really get any tingling when I tap behind the inner ankle bone like this site says to do. Most of the other symptoms are about right though.

What do you think?

From what you've said, I'd bet on plantar fascititis.  Look it up...there's lots you can do yourself to recover from it, without stopping your running...and more importantly, preventing it in the future.