Garmin 305 - No new workouts detected (Read 723 times)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I had a problem with my garmin and it stopped getting gps fixes, I still imported the workout to get the hr data. Unfortunately, the messed up date of 2017 seems to be keeping me from using the 'only new workouts' option.

Thanks!

an amazing likeness

Sounds like the Garmin interface software is telling RA that all the workouts currently on the Garmin are older than the last upload.  Time to flush it.  Get the info you need for workloads that haven't been updated off the Garmin manually (read it in the screen and manually enter in RA), then dump all the data from the Garmin. (History -> activity -> Delete)

Just a 'how I'd do it' suggestion...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks, already did that one though. I think that the 'newer' workout data is actually in my log. I changed the date on the workout, but I wonder if there're time tags in there somewhere.

an amazing likeness

There's some form a "serial number"  or "sequence number" for the last run uploaded and that probably needs to be reset....I'll guess that RA tracks a "last upload" value for the unique serial number of the device.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kalsarikännit

it stopped getting gps fixes

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

eric :)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I had a problem with my garmin and it stopped getting gps fixes, I still imported the workout to get the hr data. Unfortunately, the messed up date of 2017 seems to be keeping me from using the 'only new workouts' option.

Thanks!

Viich,

Could you tell me more about this 2017 date?  What is that all about?  RA remembers the most recently imported workout and will only look for workouts after this date.

Eric - That was the date that showed up when I imported the workout, I fixed it by reloading the GPS firmware in the watch. I corrected the date in the workout entry screen. I have to assume that the firmware was corrupted since reloading it fixed it.

The workout in question was 10 March 2012.

MTA: I have imported workouts since then, but I have to import all workouts and pick the new ones.

I deleted your GPS import info.  The next time you import, even with the new workouts only option selected, it will upload all your data.  Manually save the new workouts and delete the rest.  After that, only new workouts will be uploaded.

Did you update the firmware recently that caused the problem, or the problem just occurred on its own?

I tried (and failed, evidently) to update the firmware right before that run, then did it again and it worked.

Eric, thanks for the support. This is the best log, forum, and management team (you) going.

In my experience with Garmin, if you do not have any specific reason to upgrade the firmware or software, then don't do it just because it's the latest and greatest.  Every so often, the update will introduce a major bug.

Yea, lesson learned. I actually did it because it was seeming to take longer and longer to get a fix.