Garmin 610 - upload dates all 1/1/0001 (Read 59 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Apparently, the RA uploader now supports miles from past lives.  My workouts from Saturday and Monday uploaded with the date: 1/1/0001. With no name or mile summary in the upload tool.  There is some split-data there, but I'm not sure I recognize it as the recent workouts.  One certainly is, but the other must be something else.

The data did load correctly to garminconnect.com, so I believe there isn't a data integrity problem on my side.

Windows 7

Chrome 24.0.1312.57m

Garmin ANT agent 2.3.3

Was working successfully Thursday and the computer has been off since then.

Any suggestions?

MTA: env data

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Julia1971

Were you faster in the year 1?

eric :)

Just because Garmin Connect is displaying the date correctly doesn't mean there isn't a problem.  In all likelihood, there is a problem and Garmin worked around it on the software end.  Could you send the file to me so I can see what's going on?  Thanks!

eric Smile

Julia1971

I guess I shouldn't have made light of this problem because it happened to me today.  LOL!  Eric, let me know if there's anything I can do to help fix the problem.

Edited to add: I'm also using a 610 and Ant Agent version 2.3.3.

The invalid date is caused by the corruption, which stadjak also had.  Could you send me today's fit file from your Ant Agent folder so I can see if I can salvage the data?  Thanks!

eric Smile

Julia1971

The invalid date is caused by the corruption, which stadjak also had.  Could you send me today's fit file from your Ant Agent folder so I can see if I can salvage the data?  Thanks!

eric Smile

My file had my mile splits and since my Garmin turned off for part of my run, I had to guesstimate the last 2 miles anyway.  And, my Garmin watch showed me when I had actually started my run, so, I'm good.  I don't need to have the data salvaged.  Plus, I don't see a fit file in my Ant Agent folder.  Blush  And, it doesn't appear in the Garmin Training Center for some reason.

bas.

FYI, the same thing just happened to me.  Garmin 610 also.  The data was still contained in it, so it doesn't matter much.  Just thought you may want to know.

Thanks!

I don't know if it's a coincidence or a genuine problem with the 610 since several of you are reporting it in a short span of time.

I looked at the files Julia sent me.  Two of them are missing the summary data that resulted in invalid date.  I've modified the importer to detect this condition and to generate the summary data from workout detail. Unfortunately, the activity type will still be missing because it is stored in the summary data.

It'll be available in the next upload, which should be in a few days.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'm pretty convinced my problem was due to my Garmin malfunctioning (rebooting itself over and over during a 20mi run).  The data file on the watch whacked out -- and examining the record on the watch caused it to reboot.  No surprise RA had trouble with it.

But the problem happened a few months ago and I no longer have that particular watch, so I can't verify that this is the case.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do