These vegans are scaring me... (Read 1069 times)

Now that was a bath...

Thank you! I will now quote you frequently that veg kids are just fine.
    My eldest has been vegetarian since birth, that might explain a few things, she's totally loopy. The other three are meat eaters. Well two of them eat meat and one eats mostly bread. For me, the most important thing was making sure that Alice had good iron stores and B12 levels as she entered puberty. I did resort to supplements as she ate like a teenager (mostly crap) and I felt that she needed more vitamins/minerals. I have never had any concerns other than that though. Eryn - you're the coolest farmer I know! Amish relatives and all. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      No you don't. You shoot them from your windows while in nothing but your undies while talking to me on the phone. Weirdo. Tongue k
      My folks had a place in Or where you could do that with Elk. They had a perm space at an RV park. The guy accorss from them woke up one night thinking earthquake. But it was just and Elk scratching his back against the corner of the RV.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I don't like meat martyrs.
        {SNORT!} meat martyrs Big grin Big grin AWESOME! Positively hysterical! I'm stealin' that!
        The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
        http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

By the way, this wouldn't be an issue if your beef was naturally grass fed from a pasture. Just sayin.
            Fast Food beef has really gone up in price. Today, I ate at Arby's and shelled $10 for what I would have expected to pay $5 last time I went there. Is it me or do fast food menus seem to be getting a lot simpler? By the way, this was my 3rd time to consume fast food for 2007.

Vim

For the most part "Fast" food is verbotten for me. I am not sure what Micky D or Burger King does to some of there foods, but I stay away or eat very little of it. Example: My wife makes fries and I can eat it. Potatoes are carbs that can really screw with the BGL (Blood Glucose Levels), but my wife's fries have little effect. Eating Micky D or BK's fries, say more that about 12 of them and my BGL goes above my personal limits and sometimes even above the ADA (American Diabetes Assoc) limits. WHY? Don't know. Just know to avoid them! Now a 12 inch Subway, roast beef on whole wheat with everything sans pepers, is a great meal for me! BGL well within limites low in fat etc. GOOD of diabetics all around.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire