iBike Dash Cycling Computer (Read 1000 times)

waterfordrider

Team Effort

Eric,

Any chance of adding the ability to upload data from the iBike Dash Cycling Computer? It is used with an iPhone or iPod Touch. I saw it advertised for the first time on the TDF coverage today and am giving it some consideration. You download its files to your Mac or pc and maybe you already have the capability to read those files. I do not know. Someone with more computer savvy than I have would be able to tell. You can find details about the iBike at the Apple Store.

Roger

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

eric :)

Roger,

The iBike product seems to be new.  I don't know how many people are using it, and more specifically how many RA users use it.  I don't want to support it if it won't benefit many users.

I took a quick look and it supports ANT+ so I'm assuming it produces a FIT file, similar to that produced by the latest Garmin Forerunners.  If you send the files to me, I can take a look.  Of course, without documentation of their file format, I may not be able to decipher it.

eric Smile

waterfordrider

Team Effort

Thanks Eric,

I have not purchased one yet. Still considering it. I will let you know if and when that happens. Sounds like it might already be possible or hopefully easy to add.

Roger

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

eric :)

Thanks Eric,

I have not purchased one yet. Still considering it. I will let you know if and when that happens. Sounds like it might already be possible or hopefully easy to add.

Roger

The current generation of smart phones do not have good GPS receivers.  Even if you're in a wide open area, you may not get good GPS readings.  Furthermore, the iPhone isn't really designed for this kind of use.  While the concept maybe cool, you may not get the results you hope for.

In terms of support, RA should be able to read the FIT files but it may not be able to convert the data.  The FIT file format is generic in that the "nuts and bolts" are standardized.  I might need a document from iBike that describes how the nuts and bolts go together to reconstruct the workout.  I wonder if iBike is willing to work with me to create an online presence.

wes1030m

FYI - the ANT+ version of the iBike sends data to your Garmin device, and the Garmin device records the power readings...   I'm not sure what format the iBike files are that they download directly to the computer...