Any ideas?? (Read 132 times)

I need some input from other runners as what to do. My husband and I volunteered at the North Country Trail run in Michigan this last fall. In the email we received we were told that we would receive free entry into next years race since we volunteered all day. This race sells out very quickly every year and we love the NCT so why not! Flash forward 9 months and I have still yet to get a response as to whether or not we have a spot! I have emailed them 4 times since October and 2 weeks ago actually called the number given for the race and left a message. Every attempt was merely asking if someone could contact us to let us know we had a spot for the half marathon (me) and the 50 miler (my husband). I stated that we are trying to decide on summer training schedules and races we want and they all will revolve around this race. I am now really pissed that I am being ignored. Now what should I do? Let it go? Go to social media to get their attention? We really want to run this race. Ideas??

Run n Drum

Use a counterfeit bib.

Juuuuuuuuuust kidding.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Make up a big number and xerox that, so you won't duplicate a real number. Use seven digits; that's probably enough.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Make up a big number and xerox that, so you won't duplicate a real number. Use seven digits; that's probably enough.

Or something with a fraction.

You can also try contacting them through their Facebook page, maybe that's more actively managed. Or check with your LRS & see if they have any suggestions.

Dave

an amazing likeness

Were I working on this dilemma, I'd try to get to the RD directly and ask for her/his assistance in getting an answer.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

beat

Break on through

On their web site, there's a link to "North Country Mentor Program" - a facebook group.  Maybe ask one of them to help you get in touch with the race director or administrator.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I might consider posting the email on their page if you don't get an answer soon.