Please forgive me-I must brag a bit. (Read 937 times)

I'm having what the MLB players would call a career year. I've been running since '94, and racing since '95. My win record this year exceeds all my dreams and goals. I've only broken one PR (13.1) that was set in my previous best years of '96 & '97 but it seems that being in the 55-59 AD and still matching races I did in the 40-44 and 45-49 AD's makes me very competitive. Below is my recap for '07 so far. All I have left on tap is running rabbit in the Philly Marathon on 11/18 and a serious 5k on 12/15. Gasparilla Marathon, Tampa, FL. 3:42:30, 6th in AD and a BQ for '07 & '08 Strides of March 5k, Cincinnati, OH. 21:49, 1st in AD Total Fitness Half-Mara, Bowling Green, Ky. 1:42:02, 1st in AD Fungus 5k, Irvine, Ky. 21:16, 1st in AD Winchester Spring 5k, Winchester, Ky. 21:47, 1st in AD Memorial Day Classic 5k, Richmond, Ky. 20:59, 2nd in AD Daniel Boone Half-Mara, Falmouth, Ky. 1:44:54, 1st in AD Festival of the 4th 5k, Wilmore, Ky. 21:42, 1st in AD The Great Buffalo Chase 5k, Frankfort, Ky. 20:32, 1st in AD Run for Recovery 5k, Lexington, Ky. 21:17, 1st Grandmaster (50 and over) Mint City 10 Miler, St. Johns Mi. 1:14:35, 2nd in AD Pioneer Festival 5k, Winchester, Ky. 20:41, 1st in AD Downtown Doubler 15k, Louisville, Ky. 1:08:06, 2nd in AD Steps for Pets 5k, Georgetown, Ky. 20:24, 1st in AD Winchester Fall Run 5k, Winchester, Ky. 21:34, 1st in AD Louisville Marathon, Louisville, Ky. 3:35:31, 1st in AD and a BQ for '08 & '09 Marshall University Half Marathon, Huntington, WV. 1:35:19, 1st in AD

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Nice work!

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm sure glad I'm not a guy in your AD...you'd smoke my butt! Nice work! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow! What a year. And there's still two months left!! Go Raymond!
            Thank you gang. My progress hopefully will continue into 2008. I'm running the Bi-Lo Marathon on 02/16 with a goal of 3:20. Then I plan to attack the local 5k & 10k circuit like a controlled maniac. A sub 20:00 5k and winning my AD at the Bluegrass 10,000 in Lexington, Ky. are my 2 primary 2008 goals. 42:10 won the 55-59 AD in '07. My PR at this race is 42:28 in '96.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Wow, that (this) is one helluva year for you! BQing, AD places, fast times ... and there are still almost a couple months left in 2007! WTG dude Smile
              2009: BQ?
                The listing looks like the arena schedule for a rock band. Hmmm, let's see we could call it.......Ray's World Domination Tour 2007. Keep doing what you're doing, this is definitely a career year.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The listing looks like the arena schedule for a rock band. Hmmm, let's see we could call it.......Ray's World Domination Tour 2007. Keep doing what you're doing, this is definitely a career year.
                  Big grin Big grin THAT'S FUNNY!! Big grin Big grin

madness baby

What a great year . . . wait, thanksgiving isn't even here yet! I'm sure your record will continue with your marathon and 5K coming up! Very impressive! Cool
                    deb
                    va

Ray, that's an impressive list of results. Congratulations!!!

thumbs up!

inspiring.
                        2010 Goals
                        1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                        2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                        3. sub 30 min 5k
                        4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                          wow!
                            Very nice! I'm totally jealous of your 5k times by the way. Smile

Michelle

Thank you again everyone. Wink Inspiration comes free for all that want it. Mississippi, I've never ran a 19:?? but I plan to, and soon. It may happen at my 5k on 12/15. If not, it may be March '08 as I'll be in serious training for the Bi-Lo.

Another Passion

Way to toot that horn Raymond... you deserve it! Congratulations on all the successes this year!

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com