if mud and color aren't enough for you... (Read 433 times)

What the hell is an "electric run?"

See any runners in this pic?

Something tells me that everyone stops in the middle of the race to do the "Electric Slide."  IT'S ELECTRIC!

Something tells me that everyone stops in the middle of the race to do the "Electric Slide."  IT'S ELECTRIC!

Ah, soon we will be saying:     "Kids, I remember the GOOD OLD DAYS, when we used to actually run when we went to a run!"  It was actually timed in those days and we actually competed against each other!".

Our kids will reply with 0 empathy:  Pfffft, Those were the OLD days dad.  This is the new generation!"  "What is the point of doing a run if there is no color, glitter, or lights?"   "Seriously dad...."

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Ah, soon we will be saying:     "Kids, I remember the GOOD OLD DAYS, when we used to actually run when we went to a run!"  It was actually timed in those days and we actually competed against each other!".

Our kids will reply with 0 empathy:  Pfffft, Those were the OLD days dad.  This is the new generation!"  "What is the point of doing a run if there is no color, glitter, or lights?"   "Seriously dad...."

Resistance is futile, join us in the conga line...IT'S ELECTRIC!

Just saw an ad for the Flavor Run. "Taste the 5k" with flavored and scented powder thrown at you.

Please make it stop.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Feeling the growl again

Never mind. I guess running the bulls isn't so off kilter after all.

if you will excuse me, I have some "race" organizers to locate and punch in the face.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just saw an ad for the Flavor Run. "Taste the 5k" with flavored and scented powder thrown at you.

Please make it stop.

I thought you were kidding.  Tongue

Ostrich runner

Every town needs something crazy. Maybe a time qualified race series with a purse for the race and series. There could be support, like a dude with a stopwatch.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Every town needs something crazy. Maybe a time qualified race series alcohol-related race with a purse for the race keg at the finish. There could be support, like a dude with a stopwatch cooler full of Dark Lork and assorted high-end craft beers.

There are only two places like that I know of.  Nashville, and some dark hole in Indiana.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

YAYpril - B-Plus

My aunt signed up for and went to the one in Philly, and it was cancelled before it began due to threat of lightning. How's that for irony?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My aunt signed up for and went to the one in Philly, and it was cancelled before it began due to threat of lightning. How's that for irony?

Top prize in the irony category.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Best Present Ever

I hope the organizer is smart enough to use dairy cattle and the runners are like "Hey, WTF, why are the bulls running away from us?"

My experience is that the adults just stare at runners, but the calves do run away like I am some kind of threat to them.  It makes me laugh every time.

Feeling the growl again

My experience is that the adults just stare at runners, but the calves do run away like I am some kind of threat to them.  It makes me laugh every time.

There is a herd on my most-run route where the barn is up by the road, and there is a narrow fenced lane out to a larger pasture.  Ever time I run by, the entire herd bolts down the lane and a quarter mile across the pasture.

The farmer must hate me.

Cool Jump Suit

This is starting to upset me.

Please make it stop.

So bittersweet,
                            This tragedy
                            Won't ask for absolution;
                            This melody,
                            Inside of me,
                            Still searches for solution.
                            A twist of faith,
                            A change of heart
                            Cures my infatuation.
                            A broken heart, 
                            Provides the spark
                            For my determination.

Marylander

On one of our routes the cows run along the fence with us. Wink My daughter is always disappointed if they don't join in our run while they can.

Feeling the growl again

I think we should start a Big Cat Run series.  Lions, tigers, cougars, and the like in different cities.  Instead of a bib we pin a T-bone to your back.  A nice medal for finishing he series.