Post-Thanksgiving FriDAILIES 23 Nov 2012 (Read 371 times)

runfoolery

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, refugees from RWOL), and hopefully RA regulars. We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

Thought I'd kick this off and see if it sticks.

runfoolery

After yesterday's aborted attempt, I decided to again try my first I workout as described in Jack Daniels' Red Plan.

10 min easy

6 strides

5x(3 min I pace, 2 min easy) according to my VDot score I should be hitting about 7:06 for the workbouts

10 min easy

My easy pace is around 9:30, kept my strides fairly slow at around 8mpm for the fast part, since I wanted to save energy for the I workbouts. - and these turned out really, well - I kept my paces to 7:08, 7:07, 7:08, 7:10, and 7:08 with the recovery intervals and cooldown around 10:30 or so.

By the end of the workout I had a decent feel for what I effort feels like. It's more than T, and even more than I'd be comfortable trying throughout a 5k, so it took some adjusting to get there. Initially I was overshooting (6:45 ish) and then dialing back a lot to compensate. One thing I dislike about my Garmin is that the pace it calculates for the workbout is for the entire bout - If I go to 6:45 for a while, I need to overcompensate to get the time to my target. I'd rather it just have me target 7:06 as an instantaneous target without caring about the overall average. oh well.

It was also interesting feeling the changes in what hurt during the intervals. At first my feet ached, after a while I was definitely feeling it more in my lungs, which I guess was the point, since they're VO2 max intervals.

In celebration of my successful workout, I'm downing a bottle of Yards Brewing Company's Extra special ale. Good stuff.

stealth_rnr

My run will only be one mile for my streak later tonight. At whatever speed I feel like running today. Cool 

Two years ago, I started a streak while increasing miles. And failed. This month I'm starting a streak and in a few weeks I'll start adding miles.

not lazy, just tired

No running for me today, but I did go skiing this morning. Mid to upper 40's at the top of the mountain, 50's at the bottom. Back to spring skiing - I feel like summer was just a dream.

Not if it makes sense.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

4 easy miles for me today. It was supposed to be a SRD, but I'm off work so I figured what the hell. Smile

Wimped out of facing the 25 mph winds today, using the excuse that my foot was a bit sore yesterday. Tomorrow should be slightly better weather, so I'll give it a try then.

4 miles on the treadmill this afternoon.

Bad Ass

Hi!

I did 5 miles.  Still hard and not my fastest but yesterday I wanted to lay in bed all day so I'm happy with my progress :-)

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Rest day number 3. 

Speedwork tomorrow - 3.1 miles @ 5k pace! Big grin

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Lori W

MM#5991

Rest day today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

GOOD LUCK GUSTAV!!