Calorie counts.. (Read 613 times)

Eric, I'm wondering why don't swim workouts calculate the calories burnt? And also, just how accurate is the calculator? For example, a tough 2 hour ride through the hills must burn a lot more cals than a 2 hour easy ride along a flat road. Finally, for all the multi-sport folk, I'm not sure how useful it is to have just one sport as the primary workout type which gets auto-graphed on our summary page. I used to love it when I was mainly just running, but now with swimming and biking, I'd really love to be able to see them all on one page and/or graph for easy review without having to manually graph the the other two disciplines. Is this possible now, or will it be anytime soon?
    eric :)

Hi JaySee, I don't have a formula to calculate swimming calories. If you know of one, I'd be happy to put it on. The cycling calculator assumes you're on a flat surface. I suppose one can have a better estimate of this value using terrain data (it's merely a physics problem), but that's beyond the scope right now. I am hoping to redo the log soon to address many of the inadequacies that surfaced in the last year. I don't have a start date though because I'm way behind in the GPS import tool. eric Smile