Dick's Sporting Goods can bite me! (Read 1036 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So at the race I was in last weekend I got a sheet of coupons from DSG. All 3 expire 1/31/07 and have an online code. Our nearest store is 30 minutes away and small, so I figured I would just use the 20% off any apparel item coupon online and not have to waste time and gas. So I'm in the process of purchasing an order large enough to qualify for free shipping ($100 or more) and find that the coupon code has expired...wtf? So I just called Dicks and the "dick" on the other end said, sorry, nothing I can do. Now my only option is to take the coupon to the store, waste my gas, and have no guarantee that the specific item I am looking for is even there, as our store doesn't have the selection of larger Dick's stores or even their website. What the hell ever happened to customer service?! That 20% off would have only amounted to about $8.50 on their end for the $45 item I was going to put it towards. I think I'm just going to look for the same item elsewhere and pay the extra. Screw 'em. It would cost me $5 just to drive there and back. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

While you're at it, see if they have a "customer feedback" section on their website. Let them know how you really feel! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I will do that. Perhaps they will send me a gift card or something else to rectify the situation. If not they will end up like Best Buy who lost me as a customer AND a $1500 digital camera sale when their sales dork chose to not take my interest in ordering the camera seriously or finding someone else who could help me do so while he and his buddy played with their cell phones. I e-mailed them and only received a confirmation, never even a written apology. I have since spent ~ $3k on digital cameras from Ritz. k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

If not they will end up like Best Buy who lost me as a customer AND a $1500 digital camera sale when their sales dork chose to not take my interest in ordering the camera seriously or finding someone else who could help me do so while he and his buddy played with their cell phones. I e-mailed them and only received a confirmation, never even a written apology. I have since spent ~ $3k on digital cameras from Ritz.
          That's frustrating! Angry I had a very similar experience trying to buy a gas grill at the home-depot in my area! I think a lot of these large chain stores try to save money by hiring young people (as a young person myself, I can say this without sounding too cranky, right? Evil grin) fresh out of highschool or college for really low wages. Then they don't bother to train them since they're probably not going to work more than a few months before getting a better job. It all works because the job market is so crappy that there are lots of young people constantly looking for a job (any job) to get by until they can find something better. At least, I seem to see that a lot with people my age and younger in the midwest. In the end, the consumer suffers because we can't get descent service/advice when buying even the most expensive products... and there aren't many alternative places to shop because these big stores have driven them out of business over the years with their low prices... isnt' the free-market wonderful? Wink heheh. Okay, obviously I'm getting cranky and need to go for a run...
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's frustrating! Angry I had a very similar experience trying to buy a gas grill at the home-depot in my area! I think a lot of these large chain stores try to save money by hiring young people (as a young person myself, I can say this without sounding too cranky, right? Evil grin) fresh out of highschool or college for really low wages. Then they don't bother to train them since they're probably not going to work more than a few months before getting a better job. It all works because the job market is so crappy that there are lots of young people constantly looking for a job (any job) to get by until they can find something better. At least, I seem to see that a lot with people my age and younger in the midwest. In the end, the consumer suffers because we can't get descent service/advice when buying even the most expensive products... and there aren't many alternative places to shop because these big stores have driven them out of business over the years with their low prices... isnt' the free-market wonderful? Wink heheh. Okay, obviously I'm getting cranky and need to go for a run...
            You are spot-on, I think. And it's sad. When I worked retail I really enjoyed the communication aspect of the job--at least as long as the customer wasn't angry (and I did my best to avoid it getting to that point). I just hated doing stock work, LOL! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay