Spring Half Marathons/New England (Read 2416 times)

ajha

Does anyone have any good half marathons to recommend in New England in the spring?
      Hi Ajha, There are several that might work for you: Oleksak Lumber Half-marathon on March 30 (Westfield, MA) Eastern States 20 miler and Half Marathon (Starts in Kittery, ME and the finish is in Salisbury, MA---you also go through NH) March 30 Great Bay Half Marathon on April 6 (NH) www.greatbayhalf.com Boston's Race to Remember, Memorial Day Weekend (May 24,25) You might also try the New England Runner website www.nerunner.com Hope this helps CNYrunner
        I'm hoping the inaugural Providence Rhode Races Marathon/HM/5K is a good series on May 4th, I'm planning to register for the full. Boston’s Run to Remember sounds like a blast, and it's for a good cause, but $50 for a half is a bit much for this po' boy. Sad

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

L Train

The Big Lake 1/2 is fun in Alton NH around the middle of May. I've run Great Bay and the Run to Remember and they are both great races (Great Bay's first year was last year). Big Lake and Great Bay are both fairly hilly, but good runs and well organized. I haven't run the Run to Remember in a few years but it is pretty big and flat.

ajha

I've been considering Big Lake. It looks like a good one, scenic and at a good time of year. Thanks, ajha
            mikeymike

More late winter than spring but New Bedford on March 16th is a great race.

Runners run