Culinary/Dietary Routines.... (Read 161 times)

The only routine I have is a cup of coffee in the morning.  After that, I go for mostly healthy, mostly home made, and mostly made of whole foods.

This is 75% me as well, though I like some non-home made foods too. But my other must have is hot cocoa before bed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Perhaps because not one thing you listed was actual food?

This.

Although we all know trent has read your other thread which does indeed contain food.

What other thread?

Better I Leave

Perhaps because not one thing you listed was actual food? Although we all know trent has read your other thread which does indeed contain food.

Omitted...

"Dinner varies as to what I feel like cooking and usually accompanied with a glass of red wine....or two....ok, sometimes three. **grin**"

And tonight it's grilled, marinated skirt steak, sauteed asparagus in a balsamic reduction, and tri-colored quinoa.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You selectively quoted me...Why?

What Ennay said. I did not quote anybody else because I was asking you the question.

So you don't intend to answer?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Omitted...

"Dinner varies as to what I feel like cooking and usually accompanied with a glass of red wine....or two....ok, sometimes three. **grin**"

And tonight it's grilled, marinated skirt steak, sauteed asparagus in a balsamic reduction, and tri-colored quinoa.

Yeah, sure. But "what I feel like cooking" still does not specify any food AND one meal out of the day that MAY include food is NOT a diet of food.

Better I Leave

This.

What other thread?

The one where you made a remark regarding my gluten-free cooking, remember?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The one where you made a remark regarding my gluten-free cooking, remember?

Oh, right. You didn't answer me there, either.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would add that replacing food (that may contain gluten) with chemicals produced in a lab (such as protein powders) is not particularly paleo.

Better I Leave

Yeah, sure. But "what I feel like cooking" still does not specify any food AND one meal out of the day that MAY include food is NOT a diet of food.

That is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm at 180lbs, 13.5% body fat, and working on getting to 190lbs and 10% body fat. I do know what I'm doing. I know what works for me and I don't even know why I'm engaging you at this point. You're clearly opinionated and closed minded. I'm sorry I offended you or that anything I post you've taken umbrage with. Forgive me.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You're clearly opinionated and closed minded.

Sounds about right.

And you clearly prefer ad hominem attacks to reasonable discourse. Your use of "opinionated" and "close minded" being great examples.

By the way, and FWIW, I do happen to know a thing or two about nutrition and physiology.

But mostly, all I did was ask questions, not make judgements. And that I might choose not to classify chemical substances produced in a lab does not make me closed-minded or opinionated. Twinkies are also produced in a lab. Apples are not.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm at 180lbs, 13.5% body fat

And while I am not sure why your anthropomorphic measurements matter relative to a general discussion of food, if it does, I am 165 lbs and have 11% body fat, and I eat food. Yesterday, for example, I ate a fried egg and cheese sandwich for lunch with a big bottle of chocolate milk, followed by a dinner of sushi. Sure, not much gluten there (beyond the bread for the sammie), but that was an aberration. Today I had plenty. Sadly, yesterday, I also ate some chemicals: Gatorade, Perpeteuem, GU energy gels and a chocolate Moon Pie. But none of that is typical. And I don't think it influenced my body fat much.

Better I Leave

Sounds about right.

And you clearly prefer ad hominem attacks to reasonable discourse. Your use of "opinionated" and "close minded" being great examples.

By the way, and FWIW, I do happen to know a thing or two about nutrition and physiology.

But mostly, all I did was ask questions, not make judgements. And that I might choose not to classify chemical substances produced in a lab does not make me closed-minded or opinionated. Twinkies are also produced in a lab. Apples are not.

I'm not sure what I did from the outset to piss you off against me as this is really the first time we've engaged in dialog. Whatever it was I did or posted, please accept my apology.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why do you think I am pissed of???

Confused

I thought that discussion boards were for discussions.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

piss you off

Although clearly, calling me names would possibly do this.

Closed minded?

Opinionated?

How can you apologize for that just moments after calling me these things and expect me to think that your apology is genuine?

But no, I am not pissed off.

Why do you think I am pissed of???

Confused

I thought that discussion boards were for discussions.

It's only a discussion if you're in agreement. Wink  (And I don't mean you, specifically, Trent.)

I have no idea what whey protein or that fiber stuff is, but are those things you can get from foods like vegetables, fruits, and meats?

And to add to the discussion, I was 6', 148 lbs, 2% body fat, and my diet consisted of cereal (sometimes Reese's Puffs, but mostly Cheerios), yogurt (with Aspartame, I believe), Eggo waffles with syrup (not real maple), or a whole wheat bagel for breakfast.  A turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat with chex mix or Lime-flavored tortilla chips, Cran-Cherry juice, Entemann's brownie with a glass of skim milk for lunch, and usually a Lean Pocket (not the Hot Pocket because who wants all the fat?) or a Tina's burrito (bean and cheese) with Ore Ida fries.

Now, I'm older, fatter, slower, and I eat some really bad stuff sometimes--like Chili's and McDonald's--but life is good.  I'm sure my insides are rotting, but not as fast as they could be because I'm eating more fruit and vegetables than I ever did.

All I know is that a lot of those chemicals from those chain and fast food places taste pretty damn good.  If I die at 76 rather than 78, I think it will be worth it.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it