"It's raining, it's pouring..." (Read 1090 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

What is the best thing to wear while running in the rain? I have treadmill, and hate it. I don't mind the rain, just don't want to be soaked to the bone... Any recommendations? Confused Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

As little as possible. We've got rain today and I'll probably wear a tank and shorts even though it's cool out. I hate the feeling of wet fabric. I also wear an older pair of shoes. I don't know why.
      2008 Goals
    • Run 1250 miles
    • Get down to 135!
    • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
      • I wear the same as I usually do. I mean I'm going to be soaking wet from the sweat anyway, what's a little more? Anyway, I typically will wear a running hat too, you still sweat and it keeps some of the rain out of your eyes.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I wear the same as I usually do. I mean I'm going to be soaking wet from the sweat anyway, what's a little more? Anyway, I typically will wear a running hat too, you still sweat and it keeps some of the rain out of your eyes.
          Me too...same as usual since I end up soaked in sweat anyhow (gross!!). Although I have worn old running shoes if the thought crossed my mind to spare my usual pair. Oh, and today I ran inside not because of the rain but because there was no one else home to watch my youngest son. I would have enjoyed the cool weather and the rain if someone was home to babysit.

Michelle

2008 Philly Trifecta

As little as possible. We've got rain today and I'll probably wear a tank and shorts even though it's cool out. I hate the feeling of wet fabric. I also wear an older pair of shoes. I don't know why.
            Thanks Reneemc, Miss & Bonkin! Less is more! I'm just recovering from a neaty head cold that had me laid up since Sunday and casued me to miss my long run! Angry I guess I'll head out on an easy 3miler w/ some old shoes, shorts & shirt Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
            2008 Philly Trifecta:
            10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
            Philly Marathon-11/23

Thanks Reneemc, Miss & Bonkin! Less is more! I'm just recovering from a neaty head cold that had me laid up since Sunday and casued me to miss my long run! Angry I guess I'll head out on an easy 3miler w/ some old shoes, shorts & shirt Dave
              Sorry to hear your cold kept you from running. View it as "recharging" time. Try a nice and easy run today, just to make sure your body is ready. Smile .....I've worn rain jackets (wind breaker style) and they just end up soaked and clingy and make me feel too heated.

Michelle

As little as possible.
                Anyone else invision a group of runners in nothing more than a pair of shoes, socks and a smile. Blush

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

I stayed inside today and ran on the treadmill. I try to do atleast one day a week on the treadmill due to the softer surface but I really don't like it that much - I find it boring.
                  "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                    Anyone else invision a group of runners in nothing more than a pair of shoes, socks and a smile. Blush
                    ROFL -- Yes! Big grin Funny stuff.

Michelle

2008 Philly Trifecta

I stayed inside today and ran on the treadmill.
                      So did I...44:15 of unbridled torture!!! Man, I dislike the treadmill! I think my distance doo-hicky is off. Although I did do a run/walk, it clocked me at 3mi in 44:15.... Black eye Oh well...at least I got my "run" in today, and am aiming for a 4 miler tommorrow...OUTside! Dave

2008 Philly Trifecta:
                      10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                      Philly Marathon-11/23

So did I...44:15 of unbridled torture!!! Man, I dislike the treadmill! I think my distance doo-hicky is off. Although I did do a run/walk, it clocked me at 3mi in 44:15.... Black eye Oh well...at least I got my "run" in today, and am aiming for a 4 miler tommorrow...OUTside! Dave
                        Oh, the treadmill is not THAT bad! At least it makes you apprectiate getting to run outside. You should get your doo-hicky checked. Tongue

Michelle

Does look like the weather will be nicer in NJ tomorrow.
                          "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

Anyone have pizza?

Okay, you guys are scaring me. I'm in NY and it looks UGLY out there, but I'm going to give it a go in the rain. I figure it this way, I've trained in heat, cold, humidity, hills, hostile park areas, so what's another challenge. At least this way if I do a race, I'll have something to compare it to. I won't run in the rain through busy streets though....where I live.....that's asking for suicide! Surprised
                              Okay, you guys are scaring me. I'm in NY and it looks UGLY out there, but I'm going to give it a go in the rain. I figure it this way, I've trained in heat, cold, humidity, hills, hostile park areas, so what's another challenge. At least this way if I do a race, I'll have something to compare it to. I won't run in the rain through busy streets though....where I live.....that's asking for suicide! Surprised
                              But the question is what will you be wearing??! Big grin

Michelle

RAIN = BODY GLIDE. LOTS AND LOTS of body glide! Big grin
                                2009: BQ?