Maroon 5 -- worth the pre-order on iTunes? (Read 637 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really like the first track from their new CD coming out. I could pre-order the entire album (comes with 2 bonus tracks with pre-order) now for $10...but then if it sucks I'll be bummed. How was their first CD? I did like the songs that got radio play, but never bought the album. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I really liked their first album. The songs on the radio were pretty indicative of the rest of their music on that album. Kind of soulful, sort of jazzy/bluesy.......I'm usually not into that sort of stuff, but for some reason I really liked them.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just pre-ordered it. I found one review that described the new album as having a sort of 70s-80s dance feel and that would be perfect for running to, I think. I definitely love that first single, so if the entire album is like that I'm sure it will be in heavy rotation on my iPod. If I really like it I might go download their first disc, too. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I've got their first CD and love it! I haven't bought one single CD since I got my XM radio a year ago Shocked but I might have to get their new one.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't have their first CD, but so many of the songs got heavy airplay that I have a pretty good impression of it. I'd say the first disc is "on my list." Really like the current single as well, and if that's any indication, you'll like the new album. Plus these guys did a nice live performance of The Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down" during one of the Hurricane Katrina benefits. Any band that can do a Beatles cover justice is ok in my book.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Some reviews... random blog Rolling Stone another blog Billboard Wow...I'm glad I ordered this. I have a feeling I am REALLY going to like this! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I'll second the opinions of all those who have answered so far. I loved their first album, and their type of music isn't typically what I gravitate towards. Their live show is very good as well (he doesn't just have a studio voice, if you will) if you can get past the screaming teenage girls.

Tick tock

I don't like them! I heard one of their songs yesterday on the radio and I didn't care for it. Sorry!

Michelle

shyrunner07

hey k, did you want to borrow their first disc? or i could just burn a copy and send it to ya...Smile i like M5 too...i was kinda in between for a while, but once i saw them do "Harder to Breathe" on SNL, i was hooked..i bet their concerts are probably really fun...good ol' summer time jamming....Smile
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hey k, did you want to borrow their first disc? or i could just burn a copy and send it to ya...Smile
                      *looks innocent* OK. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...I am LOVIN' this! Glad I pre-ordered. Lots of good running tunes. Definitely has an 80s pop feel to it. I hear The Police, Michael Jackson, Prince, Queen. Amazing sound.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Since this website is apparently the Maroon 5 fan club, might as well post this here. Tongue Heard one of the songs ("She Will Be Loved") from the first album on the radio this afternoon. Love that line: It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along Good observation, that. I guess that can happen when you have intelligent grown-ups, as opposed to teeny-boppers, writing good pop music.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

shyrunner07

*looks innocent* OK. Big grin k
                            it's on its way.... Big grin
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

~ Sarah Kay