HELP! Fila Shoes discontinued and I can't find a replacement (Read 707 times)

Chris345

The Fila Sanctuary III shoes were discontinued about a year ago, so there are none to be found now. I have wasted a lot of money and time trying to replace them so I'm hoping to find someone who has actually had these. I have tried NB 1222, Nike Lunar trainer, and numerous others in the running store. The problem is that it will feel fine in the store, I'll buy them and 20 miles later something goes wrong - blood blisters, shin splints, foot pain. Asics hurt my arches, NB give me shin splints, Nike heels are too high and gave me blisters around my bunion. I'm 5'4" 135 lbs. The thing I liked about the fila shoes is the smooth cushioned ride with a mesh upper that didn't hurt my toes or bunion. Please help.. Thanks Chris
      I used to run in Loco Carumba trainers, they're ugly as sin but nicely cushioned and have a nice mesh toebox. The product page has the following: PS. Bunion impaired?: the forefoot is all mesh designed just for you to be nice and soft and stretchy with no seams. They are available in a few running stores, but sell primarily on the web. They are listed at $99.00, but once you are a repeat customer you are eligible for the "Club Loco" price which is currently $75.00. I like the shoes, and would probably still be running in them if not for a customer service issue. They discontinued their reward program, and did not follow through on compensation they had promised. That was over a year ago and unless they reinstated the program, they still have the erroneous information posted at http://www.locorunning.com/customer.php#reward0 It really bothers me when a small company like Loco doesn't take the time to correct things like that, attention to customer service is one area where small companies can compete effectively. In Loco's case they apparently don't really care. MTA: The Carumba has some serious cushioning. Like the Nike, the Carumba heel is high but so is the forefoot. Maybe that's "high" but not a steep pitch from heel to toe?

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Chris345

Thanks, I just ordered some saucany- we'll see. Maybe I'll try these if they don't work Thanks Chris