Sore stomach muscles after running. (Read 10887 times)

The muscles in my lower abdomen are sore after I run sometimes. It doesn't happen every workout but, if I run with extra effort or do a longish route my abs feels like I've done a bunch of crunches. I know if I do the ab exercises I always manage to avoid my stomach muscles would get better conditioned. The thing is when I ran before, long ago, I don't remember getting sore abs. Does anybody else get sore abs when they run?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep. Longer runs. Before my HM I would get really tight/sore for about the last half-hour or so (I was running 2.5 hours right before the race). Like you said, it feels like you've done crunches. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

how odd. If it feels like you've done crunches, do your abs start looking better after some time? Wink
        Walk + Jog = wog.
        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

how odd. If it feels like you've done crunches, do your abs start looking better after some time? Wink
          You'd think...but I've had no such luck! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Who knows? Maybe I have a set of sixpack abs under my jellyroll.
              I have and had to start to do strengh training for my lower abdomen. I thought that with my running they would get stronger, but it did not happen. I had to stop running all together and only do strengh training. After a few weeks I was back to running. I also picked up some lean muscle maximizer by cyto gainer. I only take one shake a day of it.
                I just read an article about this from active.com about deep abs and how they help stabilize the pelvis during running - it helps save energy and maximize the efficiency of your stride. The article has some exercises to do to help with this - I tried the navel to the spine thing today while I ran and I did feel like I was getting more forward thrust from my stride! Huh, you never know..... here's the link to the article http://active.com/story.cfm?story_id=13697
                1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."