5k Foam Fest and now the Muscle Up Marathon. (Read 106 times)

Slo

Apparently 26 obstacles makes a marathon.

http://muscleupmarathon.com/

In addition to the registration fee is the online service charge and $13 for insurance.

Fanilow

If there isn't a pink eye foam tunnel, I'm not doing it.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Just a dude.

From the site:

How long is the Muscle Up Marathon Course?

The Muscle Up Marathon is 2 miles in length, but don’t be fooled.  With the elevation changes and the 26 obstacles of hell, this course was specifically designed to feel like a marathon.

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

So with that Peripheral Heart Action Training (PHAT), are we supposed to be training or racing during this 2 mile marathon. If racing, is there a nutrition and hydration strategy that anyone can recommend?

Wing

Joggaholic

From the site:

How long is the Muscle Up Marathon Course?

The Muscle Up Marathon is 2 miles in length, but don’t be fooled.  With the elevation changes and the 26 obstacles of hell, this course was specifically designed to feel like a marathon.

So it has multiple walls for you to hit?

delicate flower

Well the course was designed by "a fitness trainer" so it must be pretty serious.

<3

L Train

From the Phillies farm system:

The IronPigs are also in the process of developing a race that involves eating a large number of bacon strips at the halfway point. Bloody Mary cocktails, with pieces of bacon in them, of course, will await those who cross the finish line.

Finn must be so proud.

Prince of Fatness

Finn must be so proud.

Eh, not really.  But thanks for reminding me that I need to get out to an Iron Pigs game or two this season.

Not at it at all. 

Well, a race website is not official unless it has a 'GoogleMaps' flyover of the course you are going to run.   ---  Please just disregard that the flyover of this "marathon' course completes in 56 seconds. 

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Any marathon course can be flown over in 56 seconds. If you have a fast enough plane.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.