Boxing Day (Wed) Daily (Read 566 times)

I'll let our Canadian friends explain the holiday. It's an SRD for me today and back to work. Just 3 more runs on my schedule and I'll close out my best year ever in regards to win/loss records. I even broke a 10 year old PR in 2007. I reset my 13.1 PR on 11/18 with a 1:35:19. My former PR was 1:35:59 set in April of '97 in Louisville, Ky. In 2008, the 5k and 10k PR's must be dealt with.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Thanks for starting, Ray. Good year. I had a fairly good year myself, but I think yours was better. Hey, check out my PRs -- pretty close to yours -- look at that 5K time! 5 miles, GA, just over 8:00/mi. A bit chilly at 32F, and it threatened rain for a bit, but the rain held off, luckily. Good runs, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Another Passion

Beautiful morning, crisp 20F, but no wind, and bright sunshine blue sky (YEA!). Did 6 miles at a 9:30ish pace.

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Beautiful sunny morning - 16 degrees. Ran 3.5 miles using my new Garmin 305 - wow! Discovered that I was going a little too far before for 3.5! I like that. Finished in 42:44, for a 12:12 pace. A little slower than I would like, so I'll keep working on it. Teresa
            Thanks for starting, Ray. Good year. I had a fairly good year myself, but I think yours was better. Hey, check out my PRs -- pretty close to yours -- look at that 5K time! 5 Good runs, all!
            We're a pretty even match. My 2 best 5k's were 20:29 on 07/04 and 20:28 on 10/13. My PR is 20:02 set in April of '96. I ran a 20:16 in '05 but that's the closest I've been in the last 7 years.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

3x1000m intervals with The Administrator this morning. The track was slick with snow (and it was sleeting) so we did these on a wood chip trail instead. + 2 miles warm-up/cool-down. Now, back to some Dance Dance Revolution cross training today. Big grin Hello to our Canadian pals up North!
                No running. I've had a tight left calf for a little over a month now and over the past week it has snowballed into a case of PF. Probably should not have run on Monday...did, really should not have run on Tuesday...did. Today, I can barely put any pressure on my heal. So, today is lots of stretching, advil, and hopefully a sports massage this afternoon. How did mankind survive when our only means of transportation was our feet.
                  While the exact origins of the holiday are obscure, it is likely that Boxing Day began in England during the Middle Ages. Some historians say the holiday developed because servants were required to work on Christmas Day, but took the following day off. As servants prepared to leave to visit their families, their employers would present them with gift boxes. Church Alms Boxes: Another theory is that the boxes placed in churches where parishioners deposited coins for the poor were opened and the contents distributed on December 26, which is also the Feast of St. Stephen. I ran a 10 mile race. Great day for a run!
                    3x1000m intervals with The Administrator this morning. The track was slick with snow (and it was sleeting) so we did these on a wood chip trail instead. + 2 miles warm-up/cool-down. Now, back to some Dance Dance Revolution cross training today. Big grin Hello to our Canadian pals up North!
                    Hey Econo, I suppose you work at the UO? I went to school there 2001-2006 and I'm curious who "The Administrator" is. hah. Anyways, I lived in Eugene for almost ten years, and I really love that place! I'm looking forward to a return visit this spring. Now that I'm a real-er runner I'll actually be able to take advantage of the wonderful bike paths and Pre's trail. Happy running.

sean