Charity Race for a Cause You Do Not Support? (Read 1287 times)

I'd pass.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I make sure I fully support the charity or couse of all races I run in. I would never do anything I don't believe it.
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Menace to Sobriety

I skipped the local "5k for Al Qaeda" charity race for this very reason Wink
        I skip any race with the word "fun" in it. Running isn't supposed to be fun.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It's not?? Oh, my, I guess I'm doing something wrong! Wink Maybe it's because I don't worry about speed, but just love putting mileage in my log and participating in local races.
            I seek out these races because I delude myself into thinking I have a better chance to place in my age group. Inevitably, three faster same-aged people have the same idea. Tongue

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Fool

I talked a friend into joining me for a local 6K race. He showed up stoned with half a joint in his pocket. Roll eyes He actually made decent time, all things considered. If only he knew his entry fee paid for training the local drug-sniffing dog... which was on-site at the event... he could have pulled a lifetime PR.
              Lisa3.1

I talked a friend into joining me for a local 6K race. He showed up stoned with half a joint in his pocket. Roll eyes He actually made decent time, all things considered. If only he knew his entry fee paid for training the local drug-sniffing dog... which was on-site at the event... he could have pulled a lifetime PR.
                LMAO